This video shows how to use Tekla Structures together with Trimble Connect(1) Trimble’s platform for microservices in the cloud
(1) Trimble Connect platform’s microservices include services for uploading, storing, processing, and managing or consuming data. These services are meant to provide common solutions required by multiple applications.
(2) application for information sharing and collaboration for construction projects that is based on the Trimble Connect platform
(2) Reference models are used in Trimble Connect application instead of using import and export.
(2) Trimble Connect application includes web, desktop and mobile clients, and the Sync tool, for example.
- Create a new project in Trimble Connect
- Link the project to a Tekla Structures model
- Import an IFCfile format commonly used in BIM that facilitates software interoperability
IFC is an open specification developed by the IAI (International Alliance for Interoperability).
Model can be exported into an IFC file.
file from Trimble Connect to the model
- Export model objects to Trimble Connect