If you need to move a shared model to a new Tekla Structures version in the middle of a project, we recommend that you follow these instructions:
- Ensure that all users have written out their changes.
- The admin reads in all the changes and saves the local model. At this point, we recommend that you create a backup copy of the model.
- The admin locks the model in the Management console so that other users cannot accidentally write out changes to this model anymore.
- The admin opens and saves the local model with the new Tekla Structures version with the Save command.
You will get this message:
"This model was created using a previous release. If you save it now, you will no longer be able to open it in previous releases. This model has been shared in a previous version. If you save it now, it will be excluded from sharing. Do you want to continue?"
- To close the message, click Yes.
- To investigate that the model is ok, do any of the following:
- Admin starts sharing the model with the new Tekla Structures version and invites the users.
- Other users open new Tekla Structures version and join to the new shared model.
Note: At the moment, the model lock created in step 3 will expire in 24 hours. To avoid accidental joining or writeouts to the old version of the model, we recommend excluding the old model from sharing in the Management console.