Option 1:Collaboration: "I want to see if everything fits in Revit" or vice versa
- Export the BIM from Tekla Structures to Revit using an IFC file (Tekla > Export > IFC)
- Simply Import into Revit. Insert > IFC directly in the same way you insert a Link or DWG.
- The Tekla Structures geometry is now available in Revit and can be used to co-ordinate with Architectural / MEP project in Revit.
- If you wish to take 3D geometry from Autodesk Revit and above into Tekla Structures, this done by using the Autodesk approved IFC file format (an intelligent format) or a 3D DWG format (a 'dumb' format)
- Export from Revit using the existing Export to IFC command.
- This geometry file can then be used in the BIM co-ordination process as a reference file by Tekla Structures.
- Where the situation exists where the reference file has geometry that is actually useful to the Structural team, those parts (correctly dimensioned slabs and columns etc) can be converted to be native Tekla Structures parts and reused using IFC Change Management tools in Tekla Structures.
Option 2: Export to Revit (.rvt geometry)
This Tekla Warehouse extension allows you to create an Autodesk® Revit® (.rvt) geometry file direct from Tekla Structures 2019. This .rvt file does not include drawing sheets, legends, optimized families, types or project levels. This file is ideally utilised for project coordination similar to 3D DWG, 3D DGN's.
Note that this extension will not work for versions prior to Tekla Structures 2019
Download the 'export to Revit (.rvt) geometry' extension from the Tekla Warehouse. Install. You will find this in the Applications and Components side window (right side of screen) . Double click the icon and create .rvt geometry files to link into your customers Revit project. This export can be used with the BIM Publisher to set up (scheduled) exports of multiple models at once.
When should the command be used?
For projects where PDF/IFC submission is not acceptable and RVT format is stipulated in the contract submission documentation.
This is not a replacement for either IFC exports or our dedicated Export and Import commands.
This is intended for project teams who are unclear on the advantages of IFC transfer.
The process is only a one way export. It is not intended for two way integration or to track updates to models.
|2016_06JUNE_Tekla Structures and Autodesk Revit_GUIDANCE.zip||3.52MB|