Question: I have the following error coming while Installation of TS?
Answer: First, make sure that the customer has all the required pre-requisites as described in the Centralized distribution of Tekla Structures 2021:
- Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 x86 Redistributable 10.0.40219
- Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 x64 Redistributable 10.0.40219
- Microsoft Visual C++ 2013 x86 Redistributable 12.0.40649.5
- Microsoft Visual C++ 2013 x64 Redistributable 12.0.40649.5
- Microsoft Visual C++ 2015-2019 x64 Redistributable 14.23.27820
- Microsoft Visual C++ 2015-2019 x86 Redistributable 14.23.27820
Higher version is OK, just make sure you have MVC++ 2021, 2013 and 2015-2019 installed.
We were able to reproduce the issue when we had manually uninstalled Microsoft Visual C++ 2015-2019,
If those are there, then try to install it again and when you get to the error message. Click on OK and finish the installation and do the following:
Go to the mentioned folder and check if the mentioned file exists:
If it does, open Command Prompt as administrator (type "cmd" to the search field, right-mouse click, and select "Run as administrator"):
Navigate to the folder where the file is supposed to be:
Type or copy the following command to the command prompt:
customer is asked to use either "Microsoft Visual C++ 2015-2019 x64 Redistributable" Or "MVC++ 2015 -2019" to avoid error:
If you receive the same error message, then go and check if the listed pre-requisites are installed properly.
If something else comes up, please contact your local support.
Also, upon successful registration you should receive the following message:
Finally, download and install "vc_redist.x64.exe"
Now Tekla Structures should be working fine.