This guide will walk you through the steps required by your local helpdesk to replace a Tekla Structures license. You would only perform this when requested to do so by the technician you are working with at your local helpdesk. If you are not sure if this is the right step please contact your local helpdesk before performing the below steps.
Before replacement licenses can be issued, we need to have a screenshot showing the MAC address of the license server and all of the activated licenses on the server. Please follow the steps below to generate the required screenshot. Please note that the Tekla Structures License Server must be installed before you can run the below functions. To find the license server please go to http://download.tekla.com and download and install any license server.
|A quick way to get to the command prompt window which is described in the steps below is to simply open a folder and go to C:\TeklaStructures\License\ and Right Click on the Server folder while holding SHIFT. This will give you a right click menu and in this menu there is an option called "open command window here". If you use the quick way mentioned here you can skip to step 4 below.|
- Go to Start > All Programs > Accessories > Command Prompt. Right click and select “Run as Administrator".
- When Command Prompt opens, change directories to the hard drive by typing C:
- Now change the directory to the License Server by typing cd\TeklaStructures\License\Server
- Get the MAC address of the computer by typing getmac
- Type in serveractutil –view to display all of the licenses on the server.
- Take a snapshot of the Command Prompt window showing both the MAC address and licenses and e-mail back to Tekla Support.