Using Tekla Structures with the Citrix application and desktop virtualization is a flexible and safe way to quickly add users to Tekla Structures projects without locally installing Tekla Structures and copying project data to a user's computer.
- Citrix XenApp 7.6.
- Citrix XenDesktop 7.6 or VMware vSphere 6.0 hypervisor.
Recommended server specifications:
- Fast graphics card, NVIDIA GRID K520 or the newer NVIDIA Tesla GPUs
- 8 GB to16 GB of main memory for each user, depending on the usage.
- High-end CPUs, such as the latest generation of Intel Xeon E5 or E7 families.
- Windows Server 2012 R2 operating system.
- At least 1 Mb/s network bandwidth.
Never use the local disk of the virtual server for saving model folders. Project data including environments should be stored on another (server) machine in the data center or file system inside the company network. Accessing files from the client's local file system may be very slow and should be avoided.
Multiple concurrent clients may share one virtual machine instance. Each
TeklaStructures.exe running on the virtual machine needs a valid license.
For more information, see Using Tekla Structures with application and desktop virtualization.
For detailed instructions on installing and setting up XenApp and XenDesktop, see the Citrix documentation.