To reduce download times significantly on situation where several users in a shared modelmodel used for collaboration over the Tekla Model Sharing service
With a shared model, each user works with their own model and the changes are shared through Tekla Model Sharing. A shared model requires the use of a single-user model. The same model cannot be a shared model and a multi-user model.
are working in same location (local office) with fast internal network
Read more about How Tekla Model Sharing uses the sharing service
What is needed
- Active Windows computer/server with
- internet connection to access the sharing service
- disk space to store the cached downloads
- Cache server and users connected to (fast) internal network
- Downloading and installing of cache service from Tekla Downloads
- Configure TS clients to use cache
Any Windows computer or servers with internet connection and disk space to store the cached downloads
Tekla Model Sharingcloud service for collaboration and for storing and sharing a model
Tekla Model Sharing is one of the Tekla Online services.
cache server requires to have .NET framework to be successfully installed and run. This is not currently included in the cache server installation package, user needs to download and install .NET Framework version 4.5.2 from https://www.microsoft.com/net
- Check that the service is running (e.g. Windows start menu > Computer Management)
Configure TS clients to use cache
File > Sharing > Settings...
- Computer name for the cache server (hardware). You can check this from Windows Control Panel > System and Security > System
- (alternatively, you can use static IP address instead of the name)
- Port = cache service port (as set when you installed cache server software), default value 9998