The Z Pan Dimensioning extension was developed to help detailers quickly and accurately create traditional dimensions for stairs made of bent sheetmetal stair treads, commonly known as "Z-Pans".
To install the extension:
- Download the appropriate TSEP (Tekla Structures Extension Package) file from Tekla Warehouseservice for collaboration and for storing and sharing Tekla Structures content
In Tekla Warehouse the content items are stored in collections. Tekla Warehouse includes the Tekla Warehouse Service and the Tekla Warehouse web site.
Tekla Warehouse is one of the Tekla online services.
- Click the menu button in the Applications & components side pane and select Extension manager.
- Click Import..
- Select the .tsep file and click Open.
- Restart Tekla Structures to complete installation.
- Tread Filter - Choose the model selection filterfilter used for defining which object types can be selected
Selection filter chooses model objects according to object properties.
Selection filters can be standard or user-defined.
For example, selection filters can be used to select parts for drawings or analysis.
that should be used to identify the treads on the stairs
- Create Running Dimensions for Nosings - Check this option to have the tool create running dimensions at each nosing point starting from your first picked nosing point.
- Locate Connection Part for Left End - Check this option to add in locating dimensions to the end of the member from the first end picked point.
- Locate Connection Part for Right End - Check this option to add in locating dimensions to the end of the member from the second end picked point.
- Add a Dimension for Tread Depth - Check this option to include the Tread Depth Dimension. Once all the other dimensions will be added, you will be propted to pick the tread depth in order for this dimension to be inserted.
- Standard Dimension Style - Use this drop down to select the saved dimension attributes to be inserted.
- Elevation Dimension Style - Use this drop down to select the saved dimension attributes to be inserted for the elevation dimensions added at the top and bottom treads that were picked.
- Running Dimension Style - Use this drop down to select the saved dimension attributes to be inserted when the nosing point dimensions are added at each tread.
- Tread Dimension Style - Use this drop down to select the saved dimension attributes to be inserted when the tread depth dimension is inserted.
- Angle Dimension Style - Use this drop down to select the saved dimension attributes to be inserted when the angle dimension is inserted that defines the slope of the treads/stair.
- Create Z Pan Dimensions - When your customized settings have been defined press this button to begin inserting the dimensions. See the Using Z Pan Dimensioning section for an explanation of the points that should be picked in order for these dimensions to be inserted.
Tekla Structures stores all files associated with a model in a folder it creates with the same name as the model database (.db1).
In multi-user mode all users access the same model folder.
. This can then be placed in a firm or project folderfolder that is used for storing Tekla Structures-related files customized for a particular project
- To insert the dimenions click the Create Z Pan Dimensions button.
- You will be prompted to pick the following points
- Pick the first point on the nosing line
- Pick the end of the stringer
- Pick the last point on the nosing line
- Pick the end of the stringer
- If you checked the option Create Running Dimensions for Nosings then those dimenions will be added.
- Pick the point to locate the left end part - (If you checked the option to Locate Connection Part for Left End) This part should be on the same end as the first point on the nosing line that you previously selected. This will add a horizontal and vertical dimension from the first picked nosing point to the point that is selected to locate the left end part.
- Pick the point to locate the right end part - (If you checked the option to Locate Connection Part for Right End) This part should be on the same end as the last point on the nosing line that you previously selected. This will add a horizontal and vertical dimension from the last picked nosing point to the point that is selected to locate the right end part.
- Pick a nosing point for the tread depth - (If you checked the option to Add a Dimension for Tread Depth)
- Pick a point for the tread depth - (If you checked the option to Add a Dimension for Tread Depth)
- This application is currently designed to work for Zpan stairs most likely created by the S74 stair macrosaved series of actions that includes instructions for a program
Macros are located in the applications and components catalog. They are recorded or created manually and stored as .cs file in a folder defined with the advanced option XS_MACRO_DIRECTORY.
Macros can, for example, be used for creating drawings or reports.
Macros are sometimes used to run an application.
within the Tekla Structures model.
- This tool works on treads that are attached to the stair assembly or for those treads that are shown as neighbor parts on a stringer assembly drawingdrawing that shows fabrication information for a basic or a nested assembly, including bolts and welds, and that is generally used at the workshop
Assembly drawings show how parts are located in an assembly. They contain the parts of the assembly presented in one or more views.
- At this time the extension only works with bent platepart that is created from contour plates, or beams whose profile is a plate
Curved beams, spiral beams, or deformed parts cannot be used for creating a bent plate.
component object that represents an angle that is bent from a plate and that connects parts
treads and cannot be used with other tread types, such as grating.
- Here is a snapshot of the dimensions that can be added using this application.