Use the Volume and weight of bolt holes custom property to calculate the volume and weight of the bolt holes that affect a part and list them in a report.
Tekla Structures version: Not version specific
To install the extension:
- Download the Volume and weight of bolt holes installer package from Tekla Warehouse. For more information see Downloading an application from Tekla Warehouse.
- Install the file package.
To use the application:
- Open a Tekla Structures model.
- Open the Reports window.
- Search and select one of the Part volume considering bolt holes or Part weight considering bolt holes reports.
- Create the report pushing the Create from all or Create from selected button.
- The List Report opens:
In the Template Editortool in Tekla Structures used for creating and modifying templates to be used in drawings and reports
(see Template Editor) you can define value fields using following syntax:
- CUSTOM.BOLT_HOLEsmall hollow open throughout a part or assembly that is usually used for fastening parts with bolts or other such objects
Hole is created in the same way as bolts and hole properties are defined in the bolt properties.
_VOLUME - calulates the volume of bolt holes
- CUSTOM.BOLT_HOLE_WEIGHT - calulates the weight of bolt holes
- CUSTOM.PART_VOLUME_CONSIDERING_BOLT_HOLES - calculates the parts volume considering bolt holes (part volume - bolt holes volume)
- CUSTOM.PART_WEIGHT_CONSIDERING_BOLT_HOLES - calculates the parts weight considering bolt holes (part weight - bolt holes weight, this is used in the Part Holes Weight report)