Use Virtual tour extension to create navigations - in perspectiveview projection that displays objects in a model view from a particular standpoint so that distant objects appear smaller than close ones, as do text and points
The user can zoom, rotate, pan, or fly through the model objects.
view - through the model.
You can customize it, like:
- setting different transitions times between frames;
- setting the representations used in each view (e.g. you can create a navigation from a building erection sequence).
It also allows to open navigations created with the FlyThrough extension (*.ftf).
Tekla Structures version: Not version specific
To install the extension:
- Download Virtual tour installer package from Tekla Warehouse. For more information see Downloading an application from Tekla Warehouse.
- Install the file package.
To use the applicationpart of Tekla Structures functionality that is developed in order to extend the capability of Tekla Structures but that is not included in the Tekla Structures installation
- Open a Tekla model.
- Click the Applications & components button in the side pane to open the Applications & components cataloguser interface for displaying or modifying information in categorized lists
For example, profile catalog and shape catalog are catalogs.
- Search for Virtual tour and then double-click to open it..
- The Virtual tour dialog window will open.
Note: This tool works only in perspective mode.
- Click the Settings button and set the default values for new frames.
Note: Here you can modify the default time transition between frames, the default frame delay and the default representationthe way that the information included in a model is represented visually
of the model viewview that is represented in the modeling mode
Model view is available also in the drawing mode and it is represented in its own window.
- Set the view position of the model.
- Click the New frame button .
The frame is added to the project.
Repeat until all desired frames from model view are created. The end result will look something like this:
- Click the Start button to run the project.
- The project can be saved by pressing the Save button . The file will have the *.vrt extension.
Field Description Delay Define the default delay time for a frame. Transition Define the default transition time between two frames.
The transition time is measured in seconds.
Representation Define the default color and transparency setting that is used in all views (according to the status of the objects in the model). Minimize on fly Define whether or not to minimize the Virtual tour dialog window when the project is being run. Change to perspective on startup Define whether or not the view will be set on perspective when the application is opened.
This only affects the view if it is selected. Any cheanges to this check requires the application to be restarted.
Note: When the application is closed the view will return to it's original setting, meaning that if before the application was run it was set on orthogonal, and during the navigations it is set in perspective view, after the application is closed it will return to its original set meaning orthogonal.
Field Description Define the delay time for a frame. Define the transition time between two frames. Use to add a new frame on the right/left side of the existing frame.
If you want to add a new frame on the left side of the existing frame, you have to press the button on the left; if you want to add a new frame on the rights side, you have to press the button on the right.
Use to delete the existing frame. Define the color and transparency setting that is used in all views (according to the status of the objects in the model). Use to update the new view position of the model and the screenshot of the existing frame (this is not an apply button for Delay/Transition Time).
Field Description New Use to create a new virtual tour project.
If a project is already opened, a save confirmation dialog will appear.
Open Use to open an existing virtual tour project and also an existent fly through project. Save Use to save to file the curent virtual tour project. Repeat Use to repeat the project without stoping at the last frame. Start Use to run the created virtual tour project. Pause Use to pause the virtual tour project that is currently running. Stop Use to stop the virtual tour project that is currently running. Move left/right
Use to move left/right the selected frame in the virtual tour project. New frame Use to add a new frame in the virtual tour project. Time information Shows the current time for selected frame / total time of frames.
eg: 00:10.00 / 00:28.00
Frame information Shows the current index for selected frame / total number of frames.
- If the model is not set on perspective projection view; you will get the following message: Please select a perspective view!
- The tool three actions (repeat, play and stop) can also be run from taskbar.
- If the frame is not created as shown in the fallowing example
uncheck the DirextX renderingprocess of making the model object faces visible
The rendered model object faces can be transparent or non-transparent