Purpose and description
Installing Unfolded bent plate drawing
Using Unfolded bent plate drawing
Application properties and buttons
Limitations for Tekla Structures 2018i onwards
Use Unfolded bent plate(1) part that is created from contour plates, or beams whose profile is a plate
(1) Bent plates can be conical or cylindrical.
Curved beams, spiral beams, or deformed parts cannot be used for creating a bent plate.
(2) component object that represents an angle that is bent from a plate and that connects parts
drawing extension to create the unfolded single-part drawingdrawing that shows fabrication information for one part and that is generally used at the workshop
with the bent line for selected plates.
Tekla Structures version: Not version specific
To install the extension:
- Download Plate(1) part that represents a flat structure
(1) In some contexts, for example in analysis, the term plate object may be used to refer to plates.
(2) plate that represents a steel structure
(2) Plate is mainly used as a connection piece or as a floor plate.
work tools installer package from Tekla Warehouse. For more information see Downloading an application from Tekla Warehouse.
- Install the file package.
To use the applicationpart of Tekla Structures functionality that is developed in order to extend the capability of Tekla Structures but that is not included in the Tekla Structures installation
- Open a Tekla model that already has a bent plate - it's working only for bent plates that are modeled using "attach parts".
- Click the Applications & components button in the side pane to open the Applications & components cataloguser interface for displaying or modifying information in categorized lists
For example, profile catalog and shape catalog are catalogs.
- Search for Unfolded bent plate drawing and then double-click to open it.
- The Unfolded bent plate drawing dialog window will open.
- Using Select objects in components, select one or multiple bent plates.
- Select desired options and click Create.
- If numberingprocess of assigning position numbers to parts, cast units, assemblies, or reinforcement
In Tekla Structures, the position numbers assigned in the numbering are shown in marks and templates, for example.
is not up to date the fallowing message will appear: "Number selected objects?". If you will press "Yes" the numbering will be performed, if you select "No" the drawings will not be created.
- The dialog shows a progress bar indicating the creation progress.
- You can optionally cancel the drawing creation by clicking a Cancel button
- When the creation is complete, the application window will show you the following message: Drawing creation complete.
- The value after the prefix (A) is the bending angle.
- If the plate is folded up the angle A = -45.
- If the plate is folded down the angele A = 45.
Unfolded bent plate options
|Unfolding method||Define the unfolding method.
The options are:
Unfolded drawing options
|Drawing attributes||Define the drawing attribute.
The options vary depending on the environment.
|Fold up line attributes||Define the fold up line attribute.
|Fold down line attributes||Define the fold down line attribute.
|Prefix on drawing||Define the prefix of the bent angle in the drawing.||A=|
|Text attributes||Define the text attribute.
Note: If the text das not allign well, please set the Word wrapping in Text properties to Off.
|Text offset||Define the text offset.||X=0 mm|
|Y=(text height/2)*4 mm|
|Create||Use to create the drawings.
During the creation, the button becomes inactive and a progress bar indicating the drawing creation progress appears.
|Cancel||Use to cancel the creation of the drawing.|
- If errors occured during the creation "Show log" button will appear, after clicking it, the log file will be opened in the default text editor.
- If no part is selected, the user will get the following warning message: No objects selected.
Document managertool that is used for listing and managing drawings and other types of documents
With the document manager the user can, for example, reorganize, update, freeze, lock, and delete drawings.
The user can also organize file documents, such as PDF, NC, and DWG files, and drawings, in document categories, and search documents and open drawings.
Document manager is replacing drawing list from the version 2018i onward.
is enabled by default instead of Drawing listlist of drawings that provides information about the drawings in a particular model and that is used for searching, managing, and printing the drawings
In the drawing list, the user can, for example, search, open, update, freeze, lock, and delete drawings. The drawing list can also be used to display the associations between the drawings and the parts in the model.
Drawing list is used in Tekla Structures until version 2018. See document manager.
. All commands and buttons that would have launched Drawing list in earlier Tekla Structures versions will from version 2018i onwards launch Document manager. Because Drawing list macros are not supported in Document manager, please enable the Drawing list, set the advanced option XS_USE_OLD_DRAWING_LIST_DIALOG to TRUE in the Drawing Properties category of the Advanced Optionssettings used to customize Tekla Structures for specific companies, standards, users, or user groups
In Tekla Structures, advanced options are settings that are used, for example, in a specific project or geographical area, or by a specific company.
In Tekla Structures, advanced options usually begin with the initials XS and are followed by the name of the function, for example XS_BACKGROUND_COLOR.