Use Unfolded bent plate(1) part that is created from contour plates, or beams whose profile is a plate
(1) Bent plates can be conical or cylindrical.
Curved beams, spiral beams, or deformed parts cannot be used for creating a bent plate.
(2) component object that represents an angle that is bent from a plate and that connects parts
extension to create NC files with bent lines for the selected bent plates or to create the unfolded bent plates in the model.
Tekla Structures version: Not version specific
To install the extension:
- Download Plate(1) part that represents a flat structure
(1) In some contexts, for example in analysis, the term plate object may be used to refer to plates.
(2) plate that represents a steel structure
(2) Plate is mainly used as a connection piece or as a floor plate.
work tools installer package from Tekla Warehouse. For more information see Downloading an application from Tekla Warehouse.
- Extract the file package.
To use the applicationpart of Tekla Structures functionality that is developed in order to extend the capability of Tekla Structures but that is not included in the Tekla Structures installation
- Open a Tekla model that already has a bent plate - it's working only for bent plates that are modeled using "attach parts".
- Click the Applications & components button in the side pane to open the Applications & components cataloguser interface for displaying or modifying information in categorized lists
For example, profile catalog and shape catalog are catalogs.
- Search for Unfolded bent plate and then double-click to open it.
- The Unfolded bent plate dialog window will open.
- Using Select objects in components, select one or multiple bent plates.
- Select desired options and click Create
- If numberingprocess of assigning position numbers to parts, cast units, assemblies, or reinforcement
In Tekla Structures, the position numbers assigned in the numbering are shown in marks and templates, for example.
is not up to date the following message will appear: "Number selected objects?". If you will press "Yes" the numbering will be performed, if you select "No" creation will not be performed and the following message will appear: "Numbering is not up to date"
- The dialog shows a progress bar indicating the creation progress and a message informing about the creation process appears.
- Optionally the creation can be canceled by clicking the Cancel button.
- When the creation is complete, a message will inform that the creation was finished successfully.
|(1)||Attribute file - shows a list of saved attribute files||standard|
|(2)||Save button - saves the attribute file||-|
|(3)||Help button - Opens the help page||-|
|(4)||Create - define what to create from the selected bent plates
- Unfolded plate in model - creates an unfolded plate, at a selected position, in the model
|(5)||Cancel - Use to cancel the creation / Close - Use to close the application||-|
|(6)||Create - Use to start the creation.
During the creation, the button becomes inactive and a progress bar indicating the creation progress appears.
- The location of the created NC filefile that contains information gathered from a model and exported to computer numerical controlled fabrication machinery
Tekla Structures produces NC files in several formats, for example, DSTV.
is defined by the user in the NC File Settings. (File=>Export=>NC files=> NC Files dialog=>Select DSTV for plates=>Edit=>NC File Settings). The default location is ./DSTV_Plates under the current modelmodel that is active in Tekla Structures
The current model can be a single-user model, a shared model or a working model.
- The bent line information is defined in the NC file KA block. For more information about NC files in DSTV format please see the DSTV standard 7th edition.
- If errors occurred during the creation "Show log" button will appear, after clicking it, the log file will be opened with the default text editor.
- If no part is selected, the user will get the following warning message: No objects selected.
- If the following warning message appears: "Object can't be converted. Please see help page for more information." then please check your NC: dstv_nc.log and verify in NC File Settings if the plate is in the values defined there.
- If the following warning message appears: "The selected NC File Settings should have profile type B set to yes in order to create NC Files using Unfolded bent plate extension." then please set profile type B to yes in NC File Settings.