Use Unfolded bent plate extension to create NC files with bent lines for the selected bent plates or to create the unfolded bent plates in the model.
Tekla Structures version: Not version specific
To install the extension:
- Download Plate Work Tools installer package from Tekla Warehouse. For more information see Downloading an application from Tekla Warehouse.
- Extract the file package.
To use the application:
- Open a Tekla model that already has a bent plate - it's working only for bent plates that are modeled using Attach to part command.
- Click the Applications & components button in the side pane to open the Applications & components catalog.
- Search for Unfolded bent plate and then double-click to open it.
- The Unfolded bent plate dialog window will open.
- Using Select objects in components, select one or multiple bent plates.
- Select desired options and click Create
- If numbering is not up to date the following message will appear: "Number selected objects?". If you will press "Yes" the numbering will be performed, if you select "No" creation will not be performed and the following message will appear: "Numbering is not up to date"
- The dialog shows a progress bar indicating the creation progress and a message informing about the creation process appears.
- Optionally the creation can be canceled by clicking the Cancel button.
- When the creation is complete, a message will inform that the creation was finished successfully.
|(1)||Attribute file - shows a list of saved attribute files||standard|
|(2)||Save button - saves the attribute file||-|
|(3)||Help button - Opens the help page||-|
|(4)||Create - define what to create from the selected bent plates
- Unfolded plate in model - creates an unfolded plate, at a selected position, in the model
|(5)||Cancel - Use to cancel the creation / Close - Use to close the application||-|
|(6)||Create - Use to start the creation.
During the creation, the button becomes inactive and a progress bar indicating the creation progress appears.
- The location of the created NC file is defined by the user in the NC File Settings. (File=>Export=>NC files=> NC Files dialog=>Select DSTV for plates=>Edit=>NC File Settings). The default location is ./DSTV_Plates under the current model folder.
- The bent line information is defined in the NC file KA block. For more information about NC files in DSTV format please see the DSTV standard 7th edition.
- If errors occurred during the creation "Show log" button will appear, after clicking it, the log file will be opened with the default text editor.
- If no part is selected, the user will get the following warning message: No objects selected.
- If the following warning message appears: "Object can't be converted. Please see help page for more information." then please check your NC: dstv_nc.log and verify in NC File Settings if the plate is in the values defined there.
- If the following warning message appears: "The selected NC File Settings should have profile type B set to yes in order to create NC Files using Unfolded bent plate extension." then please set profile type B to yes in NC File Settings.