1. Purpose and description
The UDAobject property created by the user in order to widen the range of predefined object properties
User-defined attributes are used when the predefined object properties are not sufficient but more properties are needed. For example, comment, locked, and erection status are user-defined attributes.
List is a testing, localization and development tool that shows all User Defined Attributes and values, including those written directly by the API, attributes within components and those written to mutli-level assemblies. It also allows purging of UDA's.
To install the application:
- Make sure Tekla Structures is closed.
- Run the installation package. Download from the Tekla Warehouseservice for collaboration and for storing and sharing Tekla Structures content
In Tekla Warehouse the content items are stored in collections. Tekla Warehouse includes the Tekla Warehouse Service and the Tekla Warehouse web site.
Tekla Warehouse is one of the Tekla online services.
- Reopen Tekla Structures once installation is complete and you will see:
- A new "UDA List" icon will appear on the main user interface side pane.
- To open the tool, click the new icon.
3.1 Main Interface
- Use this button to refresh the uda data for selected item. This needed when you change the objects user define attributes though Tekla Structures property interface and need to see the updated changes in the uda list. If you change the uda values through this extension, this function is automatic.
- Use this button to remove the selected uda only
- Use this button to add a new uda.
- Use this button to clear all uda's stored to the currently selected object.
- Copies selected uda(s) to memory.
- Pastes uda(s) stored in memory to current selected object.
3.2 Copying Uda's Workflow
- Select uda row(s) from table you want to copy, select "Copy Uda" button to copy to memory.
- Next select part you want to copy to in the model.
- Click the "Past Uda" button.
3.3.1 Existing Uda
Wizard Page 1: Choose Uda Type
- These values in the drop down list are read from the model directly.
- If you change the objects.inp and add Uda definitions you will have to re-open the model to get these to be available.
- Select from the drop down list the Uda you want to add to the selected object.
- When choosing existing, you will skip to Wizard Page 4 next where you can define the value to store.
3.3.2 New Uda
- Adding a new uda through this interface will add it directly to the model environment.
- This does not create or modify any object.inp files.
- Only other extensions reading directly from the model environment to get the User Properties through the API will have access to these specific uda's.
- Note: Only if you choose Number as Type, you will get extra wizard page to define options for drop down list, other wise you will select value next.
Wizard Page 2: New Uda Definition
- Name: the actual name the data will be stored under
- Label: The label you wish to see in Tekla Structures interfaces
- Type: The specific kind of uda to store. Use text for strings, Number for integer options, and Distance for length type values.
- Affects Numberingprocess of assigning position numbers to parts, cast units, assemblies, or reinforcement
In Tekla Structures, the position numbers assigned in the numbering are shown in marks and templates, for example.
: Check the box to have this uda affect the numbering process
- Unique: Check the box to keep the value from bing copied when you copy objects in the model
- Visibility: Change this setting as desired for accesibility in Tekla Structures interfaces (Note: this setting will not affect this extension's ability to read/write the uda values)
Wizard Page 3: Options definition (Only for Number Type)
- These items define what the user will see in drop down list for this named Uda values
- All items are strings
- Move item up in list.
- Move item down in list.
- Remove item from list.
- Add new item to list.
Wizard Page 4: Value Selection
- Pick the value you want to store in model to selected object.
- The type of control used to select the value depends on the uda type chosen on Wizar Page 2.
- You can navigate back to previous page if you need to change settings.
- Click Add to end the wizard and store the value to the model.