The Tower Bracing mid connection improves on the existing custom componentcomponent that the user creates and uses for creating model objects whose composition the user can modify as a group
, it removes the need for a dummy part to input, it fixes any bolt rotation problems and is geenrally more robust.
Tekla Structures: Not version specific
To install the extension:
- Download the extension from the warehouse
- Open the Applications & components cataloguser interface for displaying or modifying information in categorized lists
For example, profile catalog and shape catalog are catalogs.
- Open the extensions manager an dimport the extension
To use the extension:
- Open the Applications & component catalogcatalog that contains all system components and custom components, and the macros and applications
The term component catalog is used in Tekla Structures until version 21.1.
- Select the Tower bracing mid connection
- Select both bracings
|Option to specify the gauge line for the 1st bracing (if no value is given it is read from the GaugeLines.dat file)|
|Option to specify the gauge line for the 2nd bracing (if no value is given it is read from the GaugeLines.dat file)|
Options to specify the bolt properties
|Option to create the washers or not|
|Option to specify a washer thickness, if the option to create is "Yes" and there is a gap between the bracing and Leg then a washer will be created automatically unless the gap is less than the thickness specfied, if the gap is greater then the component will automatically calculate the number of washer required i.e 10mm gap, 3mm thickness = 3 washers|
|Option to specify the washer propeties|