Use Tower Bent Plates tool to connect tower member between two members which are in different plane and or different orientation. Unlike Tekla connections, here the bent plates has to create first (to get the proper plane for the connecting member) and then the connecting Tower Member.
How to locate
The installers are available at Transmission Tower Collection. After installing, Tower Bent Plates come under Transmission Tower Collection in the Applications & components. Or else search for Tower Bent Plates in Applicationpart of Tekla Structures functionality that is developed in order to extend the capability of Tekla Structures but that is not included in the Tekla Structures installation
& components. Icon for Tower Bent Plates as shown below.
Input for this extension:
Two Points & Two Members : Clicking on the icon ask to pick first point, then second. Then it ask for first member then second. The points should be picked members heel points.
Tower Bent Pates Dialog
It has four tabs.
Basic parameters like
- Main plate(1) part that represents a flat structure
(1) In some contexts, for example in analysis, the term plate object may be used to refer to plates.
(2) plate that represents a steel structure
(2) Plate is mainly used as a connection piece or as a floor plate.
extension beyond input member toe
- Construction lineconstruction object that represents a line between two points
(reference lineline between two reference points
For example, if the user picks two points to position a beam, these points form the reference line, and handles appear at the line ends.
Reference lines can be used in snapping in a snap switch.
- Bent plates set creation option - Both Bent plate(1) part that is created from contour plates, or beams whose profile is a plate
(1) Bent plates can be conical or cylindrical.
Curved beams, spiral beams, or deformed parts cannot be used for creating a bent plate.
(2) component object that represents an angle that is bent from a plate and that connects parts
set /First Bent plate set / Second Bent plate set only
It contains major parameters like
- First/ second Bent plate set main plate inside / out side
Here Bent plate set part properties can be handled
Bolts Properties are handled here.
- Basic bolt properties like bolt dia, bolt standard, tolerence, cut lengthbolt property that indicates the depth at which Tekla Structures searches for the sections of the bolted parts
Cut length determines whether the bolt will go through one flange or two, for example.
, bolt extension, Washer options (Effect in Modify)
- Bolt edge distances and gages.
- Bolt required on main plate or not
- Bolt required on bent plate or not
- Bolt orientaion on first/ second bent plate set
1. Pick Points (1 & 2). Pick Members (3, 4)
2. Now Insert Tower Member.
Step 1 : Pick Points (1&2) from the bolt refernce, Pick Members (3&4) which are Bent plate1(contour platepart whose outline form the user defines by picking three or more points
The user can define the shape of the contour plate parallel to the work plane. The profile in use defines the thickness. The corners of the contour plate can be chamfered.
) & Bent plate 2 (contour plate ).
Step 2 : Check the orientation of tower member, if not suitable change it by Side or Leg Orientation option in Tower Member tool.
Step 3 : Adjust the offset as required from Tower member tool.
Step 4 : Switch off bent plate bolts. Add Bolt manually to create connection between member and bent plate.
Direct Manipulation Features
The Tower Bent Plates tool is equipped with direct manipulation features. This get enabled by activating the following 'Direct Modificationfunction that activates the mode where the model objects can be modified by using handles
Direct modification enables additional handles and modification options.
Contextual toolbarfloating toolbar that contains commands for modifying the most common object properties
The user can customize the contextual toolbar.
The term mini toolbar is used in Tekla Structures until version 21.1.
is a mini toolbar which gets opened once click on component in 'Select Components' and click on cubic button as shown below. Please make sure that the Direct Modification (D) switch is active. This enable user to change frequently used attributes very ease with out opening extension dialog.