Tekla Projects Dashboard
There are 2 parts of this tool, client plugin and manager application.
Client plugin need to be installed on all Tekla user machines. And manager application can be installed on the machine used by project managers / team leaders.
Tekla Projects Dashboard - Client plugin
This is automated plugin and does not require any user interaction. This works in the background and updates current model’s project dashboard data whenever user saves his model using save button or Ctrl+S command.
Tekla Projects Dashboard - Manager application
This tool allows team leaders or project managers to keep track of their Tekla Structures model using some key parameters like overall quantities, locked objects, Number of Drawings and drawing status etc. It is not required to have Tekla Structures installed on the machine where this application is installed.
How to Locate
After installation shortcut to this tool will be available on desktop. You can double click this shortcut to open Tekla Projects Dashboard.
1. Add models for tracking - You can right click in the models list and click on Add model command and select the model folderfolder that is used for storing files associated with a model
Tekla Structures stores all files associated with a model in a folder it creates with the same name as the model database (.db1).
In multi-user mode all users access the same model folder.
from network path for the model which you want to track and have dashboard data. If you select a folder which has multiple models inside that folder all models will be added to your tracking list.
2. Check model informationinformation stored to the model
Model information covers, for example, model objects, and drawing and project information.
Select the model from model list on the right hand side for which you want to check the progress and it will update model data fields on the right hand side.
3. Remove models from tracking list -
Select model from model list which you want to remove from tracking then right click and select remove model. You can also select multiple models using control button and remove selected models.
4. Adjusting colors in charts and Units of data -
Go to settings tab here you can select colours to be used in charts and also you can define units & precision for data shown in dashboard.
1. Model List -
This shows model names, created and modified date and number of users in that model
2. Model & Drawings overview - This section displays total weight for Steel, Reinforcement and miscellaneous type materials and volume for concrete type materials. This section also displays number of drawings in that model according to drawing type classification.
3. User Time - How much time (in hours) selected model was open at any particular user’s machine is also available in the User section.
(This data is captured from the point when client plugin is installed in that user’s machine)
4. Model Object status - This pie chart gives overview of how many objects in the model are locked and how many are available to edit. If user follows a workflow of locking objects when detailing is complete then this information can be very useful to understand amount of pending/completed modelling work.
5. Drawing Status - This chart shows bifurcation of drawings depending on Ready for issue / Issued / On going drawings as per drawing type. To understand pending/completed drawing work in the selected model.
6. Model General Information - Here model related general information like Version / Environment / Last modified date / Description and model thumbnail is shown.