1. Purpose and description
The Sync Objects to Taskin the task manager, a representation of a piece of work that needs to be carried out in order to complete a project
extension captures the objects linked to tasks/sub-task and allows the user to transfer those to an updated model. The workflow would be if the user linked objects to task/sub-task and then receives an updated model they could then transfer all their existing work into the new model to continue working in the updated model.
2. System requirements
.NET Framework version: 4.0
To install the application:
- Make sure Tekla Structures is closed.
- Install the appropriate installation package. Download from the Tekla Warehouse. (Before 2016i install the .msi. 2016i and newer install the .tsep.)
- Open Tekla Structures
- Before version 2016: A new toolbar icon which will launch the tool should now be visible when a model is opened. For version 2016 a new thumbnail under Ungrouped items in the Applications and components side pane will appear. For version 2016i and newer a new thumbnail under US Extensions items in the Applications and components side pane will appear.
- Launch the tool by clicking the icon/thumbnail.
- Click Model to read in the task/sub-task and related objects into the user interface. Prior to using this tool the user needs to have already imported/created tasks in the Task Managertool that enables the linking of temporal data to a model
The task manager can be used to create, save, and manage tasks that are used to create a schedule.
Model objects can be added to the tasks. Organizer categories can be used to select the model objects that will be added to the tasks.
and must have linked objects to those tasks.
- Click Export to create an xml file of the objects linked to the related task/sub-task.
- Click Open to browse to the xml file to load in the task/sub-task with the related objects listed under each.
- Click Sync to write the data from this tool to the Task Manager.
5. Additional Information
- This tool captures the names of the Tasks and Sub-Task listed in the Task Manager and uses those to transfer the linked objects to the new model. Tasks/Sub-Task should have unique names in order for this tool to work correctly. If they have the same name it will cause problems.
- If the user right-clicks in the filter field they will have the option to expand or collapse all nodes within the tool.
- If the user right-clicks on a task or sub-task they will have the option to remove all objects linked to that task or they have the ability to add selected objects from the model to the associated task. To commit these changes to the model the user but then click the Sync button.
- If the user-right clicks on an object within a task or sub-task they will have the option to remove that object from the related task or they have the ability to remove all linked objects to that related task. To commit these changes to the model the user but then click the Sync button.
- Under the Options button the user has the ability to select or zoom to selected objects highlighted in the user interface. Here they will also find the 'Stay-on-top' option for the tool.