Use Surface generation between polybeams component to create a surface between 2 polybeams using their polygon points.
Tekla Structures version: Not version specific
To install the extension:
- Download Surface generation installer package from Tekla Warehouse. For more information see Downloading an application from Tekla Warehouse.
- Install the file package.
To use the applicationpart of Tekla Structures functionality that is developed in order to extend the capability of Tekla Structures but that is not included in the Tekla Structures installation
- Open a Tekla model.
- Click the Applications & components button in the side pane to open the Applications & components cataloguser interface for displaying or modifying information in categorized lists
For example, profile catalog and shape catalog are catalogs.
Search for Surface generation and then double-click to open it.
- Create two polybeams (they don't have to be similar). Minimum of 8 points are needed.
- Select the first polybeampart of a certain shape that is created as a continuous chain of beams passing through points that the user picks
The segments of the polybeam are straight, but segment intersections can be curved. For example, a beam that follows a zigzag line is a polybeam.
- Select the second polybeam.
After you select of the second polybeam, the component is automatically created.
Use General tab to control the surface area created by the Surface generation between polybeams component.
Field Description Default Define the horizontal offset of the surface. 0 mm Define the vertical offset of the surface. 0 mm
Field Description Default Coplanar tolerance Define the coplanar tolerance. Number of extra points Define whether extra points are automatically created between the picked points, or set coordinates, to smoothen the plates.
- Number of extra points: 0
- Number of extra points: 3
Method to calculate extra point If the curved plates form an arc, define whether the arc is taken into account for extra point calculation
The options are:
- 1st order - this option does not take the arc into account for extra point calculation;
- 3rd order - option takes the arc into account, and the extra points are placed in the same arc as the original points;
The Parts tab can be used for defining properties for the surface created by the Surface generation between polybeams component.
Option Description Default Pos_No Define a prefix and a starting number for the part position number. P_1 Define a prefix and a starting number for the assembly position number. A_1 Material Define material grade. S235J0 Name Define a name that is shown in drawings and reports. PLATE Finish Define the finish type. Class Define the class.
Part Description Default Profile Define the profile of the surface. PL10