Use Squaring cuts tool to create the minimum perpendicular cut for a sloping part or cut part. This can be useful in cases where a machine cannot fabricate 90 degrees cuts or cuts in bent plates affecting different folds.
Tekla Structures version: Not version specific
To install the extension:
- Download Squaring cuts installer package from Tekla Warehouse. For more information see Downloading an application from Tekla Warehouse.
- Install the file package.
To use the applicationpart of Tekla Structures functionality that is developed in order to extend the capability of Tekla Structures but that is not included in the Tekla Structures installation
- Open a Tekla model.
- Click the Applications & components button in the side pane to open the Applications & components cataloguser interface for displaying or modifying information in categorized lists
For example, profile catalog and shape catalog are catalogs.
- Search for Squaring cuts and then double-click to open it.
- The Squaring cuts dialog window will open.
- Make desired modification in offset cut field .
- Pick part to be cut.
- Pick cutting partbuilding object that creates a part-shaped hollow
(multiple parts with area pick).
- Click the middle mouse button to create the cut.
|Define the offset around the minimum calculated cut.||0 mm|
|Save attribute||Use to save the attributes.|
|Help||Use to open help file.|
|Create||Use to create square cuts.|
|Cancel||Use to exit the program.|
- If you want to delete the component, you have to first close the tool and then delete it, otherwise all the parts that belong to it will be deleted.