Use Squaring cuts tool to create the minimum perpendicular cut for a sloping part or cut part. This can be useful in cases where a machine cannot fabricate 90 degrees cuts or cuts in bent plates affecting different folds.
Tekla Structures version: Not version specific
To install the extension:
- Download Squaring cuts installer package from Tekla Warehouse. For more information see Downloading an application from Tekla Warehouse.
- Install the file package.
To use the application:
- Open a Tekla model.
- Click the Applications & components button in the side pane to open the Applications & components cataloguser interface for displaying or modifying information in categorized lists
For example, profile catalog and shape catalog are catalogs.
- Search for Squaring cuts and then double-click to open it.
- The Squaring cuts dialog window will open.
- Make desired modification in offset cut field .
- Pick part to be cut.
- Pick cutting partbuilding object that creates a part-shaped hollow
(multiple parts with area pick).
- Click the middle mouse button to create the cut.
|Define the offset around the minimum calculated cut.||0 mm|
|Save attribute||Use to save the attributes.|
|Help||Use to open help file.|
|Create||Use to create square cuts.|
|Cancel||Use to exit the program.|
- If you want to delete the component, you have to first close the tool and then delete it, otherwise all the parts that belong to it will be deleted.