The Soule Export extension is an exporting feature specific to Soule rebar software. This extension exports the machine data required for manufacture and management. This extension also includes an objects.inp addon for setting specific properties related to extension output. This is the 2nd generation xml based Soule export (newer). The first generation Soule export was included in a dual format export called: Rebar Export. This extension is to be used in place of other Rebar export extensions, please un-install other rebar export extensions first before installing and using this extension (E.g. Rebar Export, RDX Rebar Export). This extension is intended to be used in conjunction with the Organizer, where the Organizertool that is used for categorizing and managing model information, object properties and object property queries, and model object classification
Organizer consists of two tools, object browser and categories.
helps you view what is released and the status of each bar and bar group.
Environments: US Imperial, US Metric
Add step-by-step information on how to use the extension. Add descriptive images of the result, and of the user interface if needed.
To use the extension:
In "Setup" tab
- Customize as needed included objects_SouleExportV2.inp (...\ProgramData\Environments\common\inp\ OR ...\ProgramData\Environments\USA\Common\General\UserDefined). This included objects.inp file sets up the udaobject property created by the user in order to widen the range of predefined object properties
User-defined attributes are used when the predefined object properties are not sufficient but more properties are needed. For example, comment, locked, and erection status are user-defined attributes.
's used for end preps, deformed type, coating, status, and special instructions for each bar. *Note: Some of these attribute names might overlap with other export tools.
- Review and customize "Options" as needed
- Set Output File Path for location and name to create new export file to
In "Exchange Setup" tab:
- Set the mandatory fields for: JobId, RelID, Description, System, and any others you need to be generated for import to your specific Soule setup for your company. These data fields are from Soule, for more clarification on each one contact your Soule support team.
- Create "standard" save-as of extension to set future defaults for this model
|Use Model Filter?||Click to enable filtering of allowd bars to be exported using preexisting model filters.|
|Create IFC File||Turn on to have a new IFC file exported automatically each time to match export file rebar contents in model subfolder|
|Open rebar export file?||Turn on to have xml file opened automatically (using default associated *.xml application) after each export|
|Open IFC File?||Turn on to have IFC file opened automatically (using default associated *.ifc application) after each export|
|Opens new window with more specific options to Soule export as well as defining Uda names for data referenced for rebar during export process|
- See "Options" button window for fine tuning
- You can change the default Uda storage names for most data stored on rebar to import/export
- Customizations are saved as part of your *..SleMSet files, saved in model attributes folder
- Set in included TSEP file objects_SouleExportV2.inp, edit this file to change/show stored rebar uda's that are used as part of this extension export data. Tab name is Soule Export v2
- Default end preps are (END_PREP_START and END_PREP_END): None, Threaded, Saw Cut, T-Head (can be customized), coordinate with your Soule setup
- Default Bar type (DEFORMED_TYPE) are Deformed, Smooth
- Default Bar coating (BAR_COATING) defaults are blank, E, G, P, S, Y (can be customized), coordinate with your Soule setup
- Default Bar status (BAR_STATUS) defaults are blank, Estimated, Listed, Received, Accepted, Priced, Rels To Fab, Tags Printed, Fab In Process, Sheared, Fabbed, Loaded, Shipped, Placed, Poured, Archived (can be customized), coordinate with your Soule setup
- Default Special Instructions (SPECIAL_INST): is blank string (can be customized), type is expected string always. *Note: can be overridden by Pin diameter in options, see Advanced Optionssettings used to customize Tekla Structures for specific companies, standards, users, or user groups
In Tekla Structures, advanced options are settings that are used, for example, in a specific project or geographical area, or by a specific company.
In Tekla Structures, advanced options usually begin with the initials XS and are followed by the name of the function, for example XS_BACKGROUND_COLOR.
- When checked, overrides SpecialInst field to be the bar overall bend pin diameter formatted
- When not checked, SpecialInst field is pulled from bar uda string field
- Bend output customization is possible using created file: BendParameterSetup.sleOpt. This is created in model attributes folder when none exist (each time export extension is run). It is read form system paths. This xml file can bed edited by text editor program to add/remove/rename bend output mappings. Add or remove xml elements to TsBendParameterSet Default. Map these fields to your rebar shape rules for your company needs.
- ReportPropName = Tekla Structures report propertly name to query from each bar
- Name = Soule bend field name to write in export file
- Value = default value, leave at 0
- Works only on v1.4 second generation Soule xml type imprort software
- End Prep, Status, and some other uda fields vary from other Rebar Export tools setup, recommend do not mix with other installs for other versions of rebar exports