Use Rotate drawing viewview that includes selected model objects or an area in the model, that is represented in a drawing
A drawing view is a container for model and drawing objects.
A drawing can include several drawing views, which usually are two-dimensional views, plane views, to the model.
Examples of drawing views in Tekla Structures include main views, section views, single-part views, and 3D views.
component to rotate drawing views, especially the ones that Tekla Structures will show in an arbitrary position.
Tekla Structures version: Not version specific
To install the extension:
- Download the Rotate drawing view installer package from Tekla Warehouse. For more information see Downloading an application from Tekla Warehouse.
- Install the file package.
To use the applicationpart of Tekla Structures functionality that is developed in order to extend the capability of Tekla Structures but that is not included in the Tekla Structures installation
- Open a Tekla model that has a drawings already created.
- Click the Applications & components button in the side pane to open the Applications & components cataloguser interface for displaying or modifying information in categorized lists
For example, profile catalog and shape catalog are catalogs.
- Search for Rotate drawing view and then double-click to open it .
- The Rotate drawing view dialog window will open.
- In Tekla Structures open a drawing.
- Select whether you want to rotate one particular view or all views.
- Click on the Create button .
- Pick the first point.
- Pick the second point.
- While the view is being rotated, the following message will be displayed: In progress...
- When rotation is complete, the message will change to: Done and the view will be updated.
|Rotate for||Define with views you want to rotate.
The options are:
|Save attribute||Use to save the attributes.|
|Help||Use to open help file.|
|Create||Use to create drawings using the properties from the dialog box.|
|Cancel||Use to exit the program.|
- When the tool is open for the first time the following message will appear: Ready.
- When the tool starts running the following message will appear: Pick first point then Pick second point.
- When the tool is running he following message will appear: In progress..
- After the tool finishes the following message will appear: Done.
- If the Selected views option is chosen in the Rotate for list, and there is no view selected, the following messages will appear: No view selected!
- If Tekla Structures is not open, the user will get the following message: Please open Tekla Structures and a model!