Reference Modelmodel which the designer can use as an aid when building another model
A reference model is created in Tekla Structures or in other software and can be inserted to Tekla Structures. The reference model appears together with the model but it is not modified by Tekla Structures. The user can snap to reference model points.
For example, an architectural model, a plant design model, or a heating, ventilating, and air-conditioning (HVAC) model can be a reference model.
Scale scales reference models by defining a distance between two selected points in the model.
Environments: US Imperial, US Metric
To install the applicationpart of Tekla Structures functionality that is developed in order to extend the capability of Tekla Structures but that is not included in the Tekla Structures installation
- Close down Tekla Structures (if running)
- Download the installer (MSI or TSEP) from Tekla Warehouse
- Run installer or import TSEP. (see how to Import a .tsep extension)
- Start up Tekla Structures
- Create a new model or open an existing model
- Before version 2016: A new toolbar icon which will launch the tool should now be visible when a model is opened. For 2016 version and newer: a new thumbnail under Ungrouped items or US Extensions in the Applications and components side pane will appear.
To use the application:
- Launch the Reference Model Scaler toolbar.
- Select first point in model. Typically a start point of a dimension that is known or visible on the pdf in view.
- Select second point in model. Typically the end point of a dimension that is known.
- Enter value between two selected points in feet-inches.
- Enter OK.
- Reference model will scale accordingly relative from the global UCSlocal coordinate system defined by the user and used in a drawing view
User coordinate system makes it easier to place drawing objects, because the user can place the drawing objects relative to a user-defined point of origin, or a base point in the drawing view.
Tekla Structures displays the user coordinate system symbol in the current drawing view when the user creates, copies, moves, or modifies drawing objects.
- Import Files> Insert reference model or Insert pdf document.
- Run Reference Model Scale toolbar if pdf already exists in the model.
- Select first point
- Select second point
- Enter desired dimension value of two points. Select OK.
- Pdf document is scaled.
When scaling 2d pdfs, how do I ensure the accuracy of the scaling?
The selection of two points is as accurate as the snapping settings. Typically the Selection Geometry Points selection switchswitch used for controlling which object types can be selected
and the Intersection snaps should be active.