Rectangular Break Line adds a rectangular break line to a drawing when two points are picked in the drawing. This tool is included with the Drawing Break Lines extension.
Environments: US Imperial, US Metric
To install the applicationpart of Tekla Structures functionality that is developed in order to extend the capability of Tekla Structures but that is not included in the Tekla Structures installation
- Close Tekla Structures (if running)
- Download MSI Installer from Tekla Warehouse
- Install and run MSI Installer
- Start Tekla Structures
- Open an existing drawing
- Before version 2016:A new toolbar icon which will launch the tool should now be visible when a drawing is opened. 2016 version and newer: a new thumbnail under Ungrouped items in the Applications and components side pane will appear.
To use the plugins:
- Set up settings in the tool to match current engineering drawing standards.
- Select type of break line. Two options are available in the picture pull down. Dimensions are of full scale dimensions in inches.
- Polyline settings – Open the Draw Polyline settings to set the desired line color and type and save the attribute file away. Then launch the break line tool and the attribute setting will show up in the tool.
- Polygon settings – This setting is critical for masking over linework around the zig-zag break. The hatching_white attribute file is used by default. For section and detail objects with gray special color hatching, use the special_hatch. To create your own polygon settings, load the Draw Polygon properties and set the desired line and hatching color and save the attribute file away.
- Mirror – This setting will reverse the direction of the break symbol.
Create break line
- Run the tool by clicking the icon/thumbnail
- Set settings. Apply.
- Pick point one and two.
Modify break line
- Select one of two points and move/drag to new location.
- Select object and right click – delete.
- With white_hatch setting:
- With special_hatch setting:
- Break line objects will move with the view if moved. However, if the view extrema changes the break line will not automatically adjust to the new edge of the view extrema. The user will have to move the break lines manually.
- Object hatching colors or textures are not covered up with this tool.