The Rebar Nesting extension helps to generate Cutting patterns for rebars to reduce wastage during rebar cutting.
Installing Rebar Nesting
- Download the Rebar Nesting installer package from Tekla Warehouse. For more information see Downloading an applicationpart of Tekla Structures functionality that is developed in order to extend the capability of Tekla Structures but that is not included in the Tekla Structures installation
from Tekla Warehouseservice for collaboration and for storing and sharing Tekla Structures content
In Tekla Warehouse the content items are stored in collections. Tekla Warehouse includes the Tekla Warehouse Service and the Tekla Warehouse web site.
Tekla Warehouse is one of the Tekla Online services.
- Install the file package.
Opening Rebar Nesting Application
- Open a Tekla model in which reinforcements/rebar are already modelled.
- Click the Applications & components button in the side pane to open the Applications & components cataloguser interface for displaying or modifying information in categorized lists
For example, profile catalog and shape catalog are catalogs.
- Search for Rebar Nesting and click on it.
- The Rebar Nesting dialog will open.
Creating Nesting Groups
Nesting groups can be defined either by selection in the model or using selection filterfilter used for defining which object types can be selected
Selection filter chooses model objects or objects in drawings according to object properties.
Selection filters can be standard or user-defined.
For example, selection filters can be used to select parts for drawings or analysis.
or for All rebars.
Custom name can be defined for Nesting group in Selection Name textbox and Nesting group method can be selected from dropdown box next to it.
Click Add button to add Nesting group to the Nesting list.
Getting Rebars in the Nesting group
This will display rebar information as per diameter and grade in bottom table.
Generating Cutting patterns
or for all the bars in that table by clicking on 'Run' button at the bottom of table.
Rebar diameter cutting pattern also can be exported to csv format by clicking on 'CSV' button in individual row or for all bars by clicking 'CSV' button at bottom of table.
CSV format of the cutting pattern will be as shown below.
On settings tab there are 3 options available.
Standarad rebar stock length : - Here you can set stock length for rebars in mm. Currently you can set only one stock length at a time.
Rebar length report attribute : - This defines which report attribute to be used for getting rebar length for cutting calculation. If you are using custom formularule stated in a mathematical language
Formula is part of an equation.
from rebar shape managertool that is used for customizing the bending shapes of reinforcing bars
Rebar shape manager can be used for bending shapes only and not for any other reinforcing bar properties.
then corresponding attribute can be set here e.g. DIM_X
Rebar minimum length : - This defines minimum bar length to be considered for cutting. rebar having length less than this will be ignored for cutting pattern generation.