This applicationpart of Tekla Structures functionality that is developed in order to extend the capability of Tekla Structures but that is not included in the Tekla Structures installation
changes the profile name to its metric or imperial equivalent as provided in the profile catalogcatalog that displays profiles and information on the profiles
In addition to the available profiles in the respective Tekla Structures environment, the user can add fixed or parametric user-defined profiles to the profile catalog. It is also possible to import profiles to the profile catalog.
To install the extension:
1. Make sure Tekla Structures is closed.
2. Install msi package downloaded from Tekla Warehouse.
3. Reopen Tekla Structures once installation is complete and you will see:
(v21.0) A new toolbar icon which will launch the tool should now be visible.
(v21.1 and newer) A new thumbnail under Ungrouped items or US Extensions in the Applications & components side pane will appear.
When this application starts it spends a few seconds caching the currently loaded cataloguser interface for displaying or modifying information in categorized lists
For example, profile catalog and shape catalog are catalogs.
and the options are disabled until it has finished. The user can use the Selection Filterfilter used for defining which object types can be selected
Selection filter chooses model objects or objects in drawings according to object properties.
Selection filters can be standard or user-defined.
For example, selection filters can be used to select parts for drawings or analysis.
option to restrict items changed from either a set of selected items or all items in the model. The Profile Conversion Direction controls the direction of the swap for instance using the To Imperial switch on a metric model changes the “selected” part profiles to the values stored in the
IMPERIAL_EQ_NAME attribute of each profile.
Pressing F1 (Help) opens this page. Feedback on this tool can be given in the Tekla Discussion Forum. Pressing F3 opens the application log which can assist in trouble-shooting.
- Some versions of Tekla Structures will not allow you to change the Profile to a value not in the Profile Catalog which means you can only swap in one direction – from equivalent to defined profile.
- The US environment profile catalogs include duplicate equivalent value listings for EDI nomenclature which this application filters automatically by ignoring profiles that contain “
SCH” or both “
HSS” and “
X.” during the caching of the profile catalog.
- The US environment profile catalogs also includes historical profiles that have equivalent value listings that duplicate non-historical profiles thus the
HISTORICALprofile attribute is checked and the historical profile is excluded from the caching of the profile catalog.
- If duplicates beyond the two situations describe above are found then the first profile and equivalent encountered during caching is cached and the others are ignored.