Use Explodeto ungroup the objects that are parts of another object or a component
In Tekla Structures, it is possible to explode components, cast units, assemblies, bent plates, parts that have attached parts, and drawing shapes and plugins.
The exploded objects cannot be reverted back to the original group.
polybeampart of a certain shape that is created as a continuous chain of beams passing through points that the user picks
The segments of the polybeam are straight, but segment intersections can be curved. For example, a beam that follows a zigzag line is a polybeam.
component to split/explode a polybeam into its beams for each polybeam segment.
Tekla Structures version: Not version specific
To install the extension:
- Download the Polybeam tools installer package from Tekla Warehouse. For more information see Downloading an application from Tekla Warehouse.
- Extract the file package.
To use the applicationpart of Tekla Structures functionality that is developed in order to extend the capability of Tekla Structures but that is not included in the Tekla Structures installation
- Open a Tekla model.
- Click the Applications & components button in the side pane to open the Applications & components cataloguser interface for displaying or modifying information in categorized lists
For example, profile catalog and shape catalog are catalogs.
- Search for Explode polybeam .
- Create a polybeam or use an existing one.
- To activate the Explode polybeam, click on the Explode polybeam from Applications & components catalog.
- Pick the polybeam; the polybeam is automatically split.
Note: The application will not color the beams - this is only to difference them in the example.
The polybeam properties will be mapped to all the new created beams.