Use Explodeto ungroup the objects that are parts of another object or a component
In Tekla Structures, it is possible to explode components, cast units, assemblies, bent plates, parts that have attached parts, and drawing shapes and plug-ins.
The exploded objects cannot be reverted back to the original group.
polybeampart of a certain shape that is created as a continuous chain of beams passing through points that the user picks
The segments of the polybeam are straight, but segment intersections can be curved. For example, a beam that follows a zigzag line is a polybeam.
component to split/explode a polybeam into its beams for each polybeam segment.
Tekla Structures version: Not version specific
To install the extension:
- Download the Polybeam tools installer package from Tekla Warehouse. For more information see Downloading an application from Tekla Warehouse.
- Extract the file package.
To use the application:
- Open a Tekla model.
- Click the Applications & components button in the side pane to open the Applications & components cataloguser interface for displaying or modifying information in categorized lists
For example, profile catalog and shape catalog are catalogs.
- Search for Explode polybeam .
- Create a polybeam or use an existing one.
- To activate the Explode polybeam, click on the Explode polybeam from Applications & components catalog.
- Pick the polybeam; the polybeam is automatically split.
Note: The application will not color the beams - this is only to difference them in the example.
The polybeam properties will be mapped to all the new created beams.