This plugincomponent that is developed using Tekla Open API
Plugin is a .dll file and loaded inside Tekla Structures process.
Plugins can be started from the applications and components catalog.
extension overrides view and drawing level settingsdrawing settings that affect the properties of all building objects, marks, and dimensions in all drawing views
Drawing level settings are defined in the drawing properties dialog box.
for part hatching properties based on whether the plate(1) part that represents a flat structure
(1) In some contexts, for example in analysis, the term plate object may be used to refer to plates.
(2) plate that represents a steel structure
(2) Plate is mainly used as a connection piece or as a floor plate.
is nearside or far side of the main part(1) part that exists in a building object and that determines the position number for the assembly or cast unit and the direction of assembly or cast unit drawings
(1) Main part can be an assembly main part or a cast unit main part.
(2) input part that the user selects first when creating a component
(2) Connections and details always have a component main part.
center. This extension is intended to be used in Cast Unit drawings.
Environments: US Imperial, US Metric
To install the applicationpart of Tekla Structures functionality that is developed in order to extend the capability of Tekla Structures but that is not included in the Tekla Structures installation
- Close Tekla Structures (if running)
- Download MSI Installer from Tekla Warehouse
- Install and run MSI Installer
- Start Tekla Structures
- Open an existing drawing
- Before version 2016: A new toolbar icon which will launch the tool should now be visible when a model is opened. For 2016 version and newer: a new thumbnail under Ungrouped items in the Applications and components side pane will appear.
To activate plugin for drawing viewview that includes selected model objects or an area in the model, that is represented in a drawing
A drawing view is a container for model and drawing objects.
A drawing can include several drawing views, which usually are two-dimensional views, plane views, to the model.
Examples of drawing views in Tekla Structures include main views, section views, single-part views, and 3D views.
- Double click on icon/thumbnail to open settings.
- Be sure and set the Part include filter before adding to a view and limit the parts the plugin runs on to the minimum needed objects.
- Pick any point inside a CastUnit view to activate for that specific view.
- The point you pick will insert a non-print symbol, you can open the user interface for this plugin by double clicking on this in the drawing view.
To remove hatching plugin from view:
- Delete plugin by selecting the non-print symbol and using the Del key.
- Open the part properties by double clicking on the part to change, modify settings on part level to whatever you want using the normal dialog and press modify.
- Changing settings through this plugin acts the same as if you manually click on the part and change the settings overriding the drawing and view level settingsdrawing settings that affect the properties of all building objects, marks, and dimensions in a selected view
. Once the settings are overridden on this level they do not go back to being controlled by the view or drawing level again. Included with this extension installer is a macrosaved series of actions that includes instructions for a program
Macros are located in the applications and components catalog. They are recorded or created manually and stored as .cs file in a folder defined with the advanced option XS_MACRO_DIRECTORY.
Macros can, for example, be used for creating drawings or reports.
Macros are sometimes used to run an application.
that can force parts to go back to being controlled by view/drawing level settings called: Delete Parts and ReOpen Drawing.cs. To use this macro, select the drawing parts to change back to normal, then run this drawing macro. The drawing will save and re-open, then the plates will be redrawn using normal user interface settings again.
- In order to hatch hidden (farside) parts the advanced option controlling the display of those part faces needs to be set: XS_DRAW_HIDDEN_FACES=TRUE
The middle plane is calculated by getting the CastUnit main part’s bounding boxrectangular border with the smallest measure within which all the selected points that position the model objects lie
In Tekla Structures two-dimensional bounding boxes are used in drawings and three-dimensional bounding boxes in models.
center z coordinate local to the drawing view coordinate system (middle of the main part).
Depending on your modelling methods and particular application you might need to choose different methods to include, exclude, and filter parts from being affected by plugin.
- Part include filter: Only parts in view that match this model selection filterfilter used for defining which object types can be selected
Selection filter chooses model objects according to object properties.
Selection filters can be standard or user-defined.
For example, selection filters can be used to select parts for drawings or analysis.
will be changed by this plugin, all others are ignored.
- Nearside method: Method by which plate is classified nearside or far side of the middle plane
Use plate COG: If plate COG z component is above or equal to the middle plane z component it is considered nearside, otherwise it is marked as far side.
Use plate Z: If plate local coordinate systemcoordinate system that reflects the current work plane or drawing view plane
The local coordinate system is represented in a model by a symbol with three axes (x, y, and z). This symbol indicates the direction of the model. It is located in the lower right corner of the model view.
In a drawing, the local coordinate system symbol has two axes.
z axis is within 5 degrees of the drawing view planeplane in a space that defines the view
In Tekla Structures, the grids are projected onto the view plane and the grid lines can be visible on it.
View depth is defined starting from the view plane.
normal (plate xy plane is in the same plane as the drawing view). This method would exclude plates not flat in drawing view in most cases.
- Modify: Whether or not to change any hatching settings for near or far side. You might want to leave the view level settings controlling hatching for far side plates and only override the hatching for nearside plates for example.
- Type: The name of the hatching to apply to parts. Note: not all hatching types can be scaled and disable the scaling featurepart of Tekla Structures functionality that is maintained and owned by Trimble Solutions and that is included in the Tekla Structures installation
- Color: The color to apply to the hatching graphics added.
- Background: The color to apply to the background of the part not hatched or leave Invisible to not add a background color.
- Scale: This provides an independent x and y factor to scale the hatching graphics to make them small or larger. You can also rotate the graphics relative to the drawing view by a specified degrees of rotation from x axis.