The PEB Splice plugincomponent that is developed using Tekla Open API
Plugin is a .dll file and loaded inside Tekla Structures process.
Plugins can be started from the applications and components catalog.
allows you to create a splice plate(1) part that represents a flat structure
(1) In some contexts, for example in analysis, the term plate object may be used to refer to plates.
(2) plate that represents a steel structure
(2) Plate is mainly used as a connection piece or as a floor plate.
connection between two PEB Members. It can be used as
- Splice connection between two PEB Member Columns
- Splice connection between two PEB Member Rafters
- Ridge connection between two PEB Member Rafters at ridge
How to locate
After installation, the PEB Splice plugin is available in the Applications & Components.
Click PEB Splice in the Applications & Components. Select two PEB members as input. The component should be a PEB Member.
- Always use PEB members as rafters/columns.
- Use only component selection and not part selection.
- Do not make the first outer flange width/thickness of the PEB member zero.
PEB Splice dialog box
The dialog box has the following tabs:
- Special Stiffeners
1. Offset options
|The rafter/column work points are at the same point. After applying the connection and modifying the PEB member end/start, offset is adjusted according to the plate thickness. This is the default.|
|In this option, you maintain the end offset in PEB Member equivalent to plate thickness.|
2. End condition
|Maintain design depth option is useful mainly in the ridge connection type. It will maintain the end depth applied in the PEB Member even after applying the connection.|
|Normal cutting at end||It is just a tapered cut at the end.|
3. End plate length options
|Both side projection||Projection at both sides from web line.|
|Total length and projection||Projection from the outer flange side web line and the otal length of the plate.|
4. Erection gap
|No erection gap|
|Gap for primary|
|Gap for secondary|
User field 8 is for updating any additional information on bolts. The value is shown in bolt UDAobject property created by the user in order to widen the range of predefined object properties
User-defined attributes are used when the predefined object properties are not sufficient but more properties are needed. For example, comment, locked, and erection status are user-defined attributes.
in Bolt User Field 8.
Below an example of bolt arrangement:
End platecomponent object that represents a plate welded perpendicular to the end of the component secondary part
parameters can be changed from this tab. If plate profile name is default, it reads from Menu>Settings>Options>Components>ProfileNames>Plate. The same profile name is applicable for stiiffeners also.
See PEB Base Plate help.
1. Special stiffener options
|No special stiffener|
2. Doubler flange stiffener length options
|Flange doubler stiffener flush with end plate|
|Flange doubler length input option|
|Flange doubler projection from flange input option|
3. Doubler stiffener types:
|Rectangle with chamfer|
(1) Update the PEB Member after applying the connection to update the changes due to the connection at the end.
(2) Make sure that the end points of both members are the same at the connection plane.