Describe the purpose of the extension and highlight the benefits. This text will appear on the extension download page on the extranet.
Add system requirements, if any.
To install the applicationpart of Tekla Structures functionality that is developed in order to extend the capability of Tekla Structures but that is not included in the Tekla Structures installation
- Close Tekla Structures (if running)
- Download the installer (MSI or TSEP) from Tekla Warehouseservice for collaboration and for storing and sharing Tekla Structures content
In Tekla Warehouse the content items are stored in collections. Tekla Warehouse includes the Tekla Warehouse Service and the Tekla Warehouse web site.
Tekla Warehouse is one of the Tekla online services.
( also potentially the TSEP File Dispatcher Launcher )
- Run installer or import TSEP. (see how to Import a .tsep extension )
- Start Tekla Structures
- Create a new model or open an existing model
A new icon under Ungrouped items or US Extensions in the Applications and components side pane will appear.
Remove this section if not needed.
Some extension installers may create a user toolbar in Tekla Structures. However, it is user (ie, Windows user account) specific; which means, the user installing the extension would get the user toolbar in Tekla Structures and another user would not.
To manually add an extension to a user toolbar in Tekla Structures:
- Click Tools > Customize to open the Customize dialog box.
- On the Toolbars tab, click New... A new toolbar with the name User Toolbar 1 appears in the toolbar tree. You can enter a new name for the toolbar.
- Search for the extension on the list on the left, click on it and then click the right arrow to add it to the toolbar. Some extensions are started from a macrosaved series of actions that includes instructions for a program
Macros are located in the applications and components catalog. They are recorded or created manually and stored as .cs file in a folder defined with the advanced option XS_MACRO_DIRECTORY.
Macros can, for example, be used for creating drawings or reports.
Macros are sometimes used to run an application.
, entering macro: in the Filter input box will list those extensions.
- Repeat step 3 if you would like to add more extensions to the toolbar.
- Click Close.
If you want to create a user-defined toolbar for drawing extensions, create it in the modeling modemode that is used for creating and analyzing a model, and initiating the creation of a drawing and a report
Custom component editor and sketch editor can be accessed in modeling mode.
, otherwise the toolbar is not saved.
Add step-by-step information on how to use the extension. Add descriptive images of the result, and of the user interface if needed.
To use the extension:
- Click menu commands, buttons…
- Press Ctrl+X to…
- Select parts, objects…
- Pick points, positions…
Describe the extension properties in detail if needed. This section is optional.
|Field 1||Description 1|
|Field 2||Description 2|
Describe how to customize the extension. This section is optional.
- known bugs and issues
- restrictions in supported environments, configurations, measurement systems, etc.
- references to related information
- other information