This is a prototype extension that creates a shear plate(1) part that represents a flat structure
(1) In some contexts, for example in analysis, the term plate object may be used to refer to plates.
(2) plate that represents a steel structure
(2) Plate is mainly used as a connection piece or as a floor plate.
connection for 3-plate tapered beam to column scenarios -- perpendicular, sloped and skewed. Assuming that the plates are beam type plates and the web plate is designated as the main part(1) part that exists in a building object and that determines the position number for the assembly or cast unit and the direction of assembly or cast unit drawings
(1) Main part can be an assembly main part or a cast unit main part.
(2) input part that the user selects first when creating a component
(2) Connections and details always have a component main part.
of the assembly
Environments: Default, US Imperial, US Metric
To install the applicationpart of Tekla Structures functionality that is developed in order to extend the capability of Tekla Structures but that is not included in the Tekla Structures installation
- Close Tekla Structures (if running)
- Download the installer (MSI or TSEP) from Tekla Warehouseservice for collaboration and for storing and sharing Tekla Structures content
In Tekla Warehouse the content items are stored in collections. Tekla Warehouse includes the Tekla Warehouse Service and the Tekla Warehouse web site.
Tekla Warehouse is one of the Tekla Online services.
( also potentially the TSEP File Dispatcher Launcher )
- Run installer or import TSEP. (see how to Import a .tsep extension )
- Start Tekla Structures
- Create a new model or open an existing model
- Open the Applications and components side pane and a new icon with the extension's name should be found within Ungrouped items or US Extensions
To use the extension:
- Select icon in Applications and components side pane
- Right-click to open the properties settings;
- Set the properties as desired
- With the Select components or the Select objects in components selection switchswitch used for controlling which object types can be selected
- Select primary (supporting) 3-plate assembly
- Select secondary (framing) 3-plate assembly
- Secondary pull-back framing distance
- Shear tabcomponent object that represents a plate welded to the component main part and bolted to the web of the component secondary part
position option - Nearside or Farside
- Shear tab corner chamfer options (top and bottom are the same)
- Sloped framing end cut options - Square or Aligned
- Skewed framing end cut options - Square or Aligned
- Shear tab alignment option - To Secondary, To Primary, To Both
- Bolt groupgroup of bolts that forms a connecting building object between an assembly main part and secondary parts
The number of bolts in a bolt group depends on the bolt group shape and the values of bolt distances.
alignment options - To Primary or To Secondary
- Bolt group positioning options - Aligned To Secondary or Aligned to Primary
5.3 Shear Tab Welds
- Shear tab welds placement map
- This is a prototype extension
- 3-plate beam assembly must comprise of beam plates with the main part being the web plate
- Plugincomponent that is developed using Tekla Open API
Plugin is a .dll file and loaded inside Tekla Structures process.
Plugins can be started from the applications and components catalog.
may fail to insert with extreme slope or skew conditions.