This is a prototype extension that creates a bent plate(1) part that is created from contour plates, or beams whose profile is a plate
(1) Bent plates can include conical or cylindrical sections.
(1) Curved beams, spiral beams, or deformed parts cannot be used for creating a bent plate.
(2) component object that represents an angle that is bent from a plate and that connects parts
connection for 3-plate(1) part that represents a flat structure
(1) In some contexts, for example in analysis, the term plate object may be used to refer to plates.
(2) plate that represents a steel structure
(2) Plate is mainly used as a connection piece or as a floor plate.
tapered beam to column scenarios -- perpendicular, sloped and skewed. Assuming that the plates are beam type plates and the web plate is designated as the main part(1) part that exists in a building object and that determines the position number for the assembly or cast unit and the direction of assembly or cast unit drawings
(1) Main part can be an assembly main part or a cast unit main part.
(2) input part that the user selects first when creating a component
(2) Connections and details always have a component main part.
of the assembly
Environments: Default, US Imperial, US Metric
To install the applicationpart of Tekla Structures functionality that is developed in order to extend the capability of Tekla Structures but that is not included in the Tekla Structures installation
- Close Tekla Structures (if running)
- Download the installer (MSI or TSEP) from Tekla Warehouseservice for collaboration and for storing and sharing Tekla Structures content
In Tekla Warehouse the content items are stored in collections. Tekla Warehouse includes the Tekla Warehouse Service and the Tekla Warehouse web site.
Tekla Warehouse is one of the Tekla Online services.
( also potentially the TSEP File Dispatcher Launcher )
- Run installer or import TSEP. (see how to Import a .tsep extension )
- Start Tekla Structures
- Create a new model or open an existing model
- Open the Applications and components side pane and a new icon with the extension's name should be found within Ungrouped items or US Extensions
To use the extension:
- Select icon in Applications and components side pane
- Right-click to open the properties settings;
- Set the properties as desired
- With the Select components or the Select objects in components selection switchswitch used for controlling which object types can be selected
- Select primary (supporting) 3-plate assembly
- Select secondary (framing) 3-plate assembly
- Secondary pull-back framing distance
- Bend radii
- Sloped framing end cut options - Square or Aligned
- Skewed framing end cut options - Square or Aligned
- Bent plate position options - Nearside, Farside or Both
- Secondary attachement options - Bolted or Welded
- Bolt and plate alignment options
|Option||Primary Plate||Secondary Plate||Bolts in Primary||Bolts in Secondary|
- If the plate/bolt orientation option is set to option 1, 2, 5,or 6 and depending on slope, skew, plate thickness and bend radius, the bolts are offset from the original calculated position (from dialog values) up or down along the bend axis an exact distance to accomodate the bent plate curvature. This is required to provide a final result that is flat when unfolded.
- When using plate/bolt orientation option 5 and both nearside and farside plates in combination the secondary side of the bent plates will have different orientations as option 5 dictates that the primary plate's flat x-axis is rotated around the bend asis to the plane of secondary and will give a different angle along the secondary beam for each side.
- Nearside primary bolt groupgroup of bolts that forms a connecting building object between an assembly main part and secondary parts
The number of bolts in a bolt group depends on the bolt group shape and the values of bolt distances.
- Secondary bolt group properties
- Farside primary bolt group properties
5.3 Bolt Positions
- Bolt group positioning options - Aligned To Secondary or Aligned to Primary
- Primary bolt locations are measured from the line resulting from the secondary web center planeplane whose position is defined so that it passes through the midpoint of a part cross section
and picked primary part center plane collisions as it intersects the top plane of the secondary beam flange.
- Calculated bolt edge distances should not be less than the dialog values anywhere but may be greater than the dialog values due to the merged plate geometry effect.
- The primary plate and secondary plates are independently sized based on bolt location and edge distances first, then each plate is copy-rotated around the bend axis and the superimposed edges are analyzed against each other.
- The largest edges are used in the merge process so that the final bent plate geometry will be large enough to not violate the edge distances of either plate.
5.4 Nearside Welds
- Nearside welds placement map
5.5 Farside Welds
- Farside welds placement map
- This is a prototype extension
- 3-plate beam assembly must comprise of beam plates with the main part being the web plate
- Plugincomponent that is developed using Tekla Open API
Plugin is a .dll file and loaded inside Tekla Structures process.
Plugins can be started from the applications and components catalog.
may fail to insert with extreme slope or skew conditions.