The PEB Base Platecomponent object that represents a plate welded to a column base
Base plates are used to distribute the concentrated load of the column over a wider area.
plugin allows you to create a base plate(1) part that represents a flat structure
(1) In some contexts, for example in analysis, the term plate object may be used to refer to plates.
(2) plate that represents a steel structure
(2) Plate is mainly used as a connection piece or as a floor plate.
detail at the start of PEB Member.
How to locate
After installation the PEB Base Plate plugin will be available in the Applications & components.
Click PEB Base Plate in the Applications & components. Select PEB component and one pick point as input. The component should be a PEB Member and the point picked should be any point at the start of the component.
- PEB member column should always be vertical and its start should be at the bottom and the end should be at the top.
- Use only component selection mode and not part selection mode.
- Do not make the first outer flange width/thickness zero.
PEB Base Plate dialog box
The dialog box contains the following tabs:
- Special Stiffeners
- Groutbuilding object that represents the filling of seams between parts, or holes or voids in a part with grout
Grouting can be used when connecting parts with anchor bolts or rods, or in seams between panels, for example.
Grout is flowing concrete that hardens after application.
1. Offset options
|After member update, PEB Member start offset is adjusted by the thickness of the base plate.|
|The base plate is placed at the end of the PEB member.|
2. Plate length
|Both side plate projection from web line for plate length calculation.|
|One side plate projection from web line and total length.|
User Field 8 is for any additional information about bolts. The value is shown in the bolt UDAobject property created by the user in order to widen the range of predefined object properties
User-defined attributes are used when the predefined object properties are not sufficient but more properties are needed. For example, comment, locked, and erection status are user-defined attributes.
of Bolt User Field 8.
Below an example of a bolt arrangement:
Here the highlighted one is 'gage 2'. Enter zero to switch off. Here gage 1 has default value 100, which is taken as input.
End platecomponent object that represents a plate welded perpendicular to the end of the component secondary part
parameters can be changed from this tab. If plate profile name is default, it reads from Menu>Settings>Options>Components>ProfileNames>Plate. The same profile name is applicable for stiiffeners also.
1. Web stiffener types
2. Bolt pitch center stiffener
Defines whether a stiffenercomponent object that represents a structure that strengthens a steel beam or column
Stiffeners are usually plates.
Stiffeners are used to prevent web buckling at supports or concentrated loads.
is required at the center of the distance between two bolts.
Delete bolt pitch centre stiffener: Allows you to remove any unnecessary stiffeners between two bolts.
For example: For the above connection, if you want to remove stiffeners at positions 1 and 3, enter the following:
Additional stiffener: You can define additional stiffeners:
3. Flange stiffener type
Flange stiffener types are similar to web stiffener types.
4. Outer flange stiffener properties
Bolt gage centre stiffener
Bolt gage centre stiffener
Additional stiffeners are defined from the centre of the base plate.
For example: Stiffener dimensions from here.
5. Inner flange stiffener properties
Same as outer flange stiffener properties. There is an option to use outer flange properties for inner flange stiffeners.
6. Inner flange stiffener types
Similar to outer flange stiffeners.
1. Special stiffener options
|No special stiffeners|
|Flange doubler stiffeners|
|Flange side stiffeners
2. Doubler flange stiffener length option
|Doubler stiffener flush with end plate|
|Flange doubler length input|
|Flange doubler projection from flange|
3. Doubler stiffener types
|Rectangular with chamfer|
4. Side stiffener types
Same as web/flange stiffener types.
5. Side stiffener orientation
|Side stiffener aligned to the centre of the flange|
|Side stiffener aligned to the outer side of the flange|
|Side stiffener aligned to the inner side of the flange|
- Update the PEB Member after applying connection to change the member properties according to the connection.