Purpose and description
Installing Offset generation manager
Using Offset generation manager
Deleting and restoring offsets
Viewing offset details
All application buttons
Use Offset generation manager application to register, track, and re-run offsets in the model. This way, you can be confident that all necessary offsets are up to date and passing minimum clearanceset distance between objects
In bolted connections, clearance is required for entering and tightening the bolts with an impact wrench. In addition to this, there may be a clearance for a fillet.
In welded connections, clearances are required in order to allow a welder to lay a correct weld.
Reinforcing bar clearance defines the minimum clearance or the allowed overlap for reinforcing bars when they are checked against other objects.
Tekla Structures version: Not version specific
To install the extension:
- Download the Offset tools installer package from Tekla Warehouse. For more information see Downloading an application from Tekla Warehouse.
- Install the file package.
To use the application:
- Open a Tekla model.
- Click the Applications & components button in the side pane to open the Applications & components cataloguser interface for displaying or modifying information in categorized lists
For example, profile catalog and shape catalog are catalogs.
- Search for Offset generation manager and then double-click to open it.
- The Offset generation manager dialog window will open.
Note: When the Offset generation manager is opened for the first time, the offsets list is empty and the only available functions are to add a new offset and close the application window.
Note: You can hide and show columns by using the options shown when right-clicking on column headers; also you can arrange columns and rows in the list by using the drag and drop actions and sort any column by clicking on its header.
- Click the Create () button and the Offset generation application window will open.
Note: Name and Comment fields from Offset generation manager can also be set in Offset generation window.
- Make the desired modifications and click the Create button.
- In the model you need to select the necessary parts to create the offset.
- The offset will be added in the Offset generation manager application window.
Note: If the check-box to run the offset was selected (), the offset is run, verified and its status checked.
If the check-box to run the offset wasn't selected (), the offset isn't run but just added to the list and status is set to Parameters Changed ().
The '-' symbol from the table list means that the respective field is not applicable to that particular offset. The '?' symbol means that the corresponding offset was not run.
Note: You can add as many offsets as you want leaving the Offset generation window opened and changing - if needed - the run offset check-box mentioned above.
- After the offset is added to the list its status is displayed as an icon described in the table below; the statuses are showed in order of severity (high -> low).
|Parts Deleted - any of the registered parts could not be found in the model.|
|Parts Geometry Modified - any of the registered parts geometry (movement of ending points, part rotation, changes to the profile of the part) have been modified.|
|Parameters Changed - offset parameters has been changed.|
|Offset Failed - the offset is run, but fails for unknown reason.|
|Insufficient Offset - the clearance does not meet the specified value (offset or gap) considering also the offset rounding.|
|Parts Modified - any of the registered parts name or material have been modified.|
|OK - the clearance meets the specified value (offset or gap) considering also the offset rounding.|
- To modify an offset in the table-list, select the offset(s) you want to edit and click the Modify () button.
- The Offset generation is launched in modify mode with the offset properties loaded.
- Here you can make the desired modifications and then click the Modify button.
- Wherever you will see 'offset(s)' in the action described below, it means that you can select multiple offsets by holding the Ctrl key. You can select all the offsets by clicking on the left corner square of the table-list.
- In the Offset generation manager window only the Name and Comment column values can be edited.
- If you want to delete existing offset(s) from the table-list, select the offset(s) and click the Delete () button.
- If you want to restore the offset(s), click the Undelete () button and the Undelete window will appear.
- Select the offset(s) that you want to restore and click the Undelete () button.
The Undelete window buttons:
|Undelete||Use to restore the selected offset(s).|
|Close||Use to close the Undelete window.|
- If you want to view the details of an offset, select it from the table-list and click the View details () button.
- The Details window will appear.
Note: You can't edit any values in here.
Note: If you want to view the details of another offset, you don't have to close the Details window, just select it from the table-list and the corresponding information will be updated.
||Use to add an offset to the list.|
|Use to edit the offset properties.|
|Run offset after Create/Modify||Option to run the offset(s) after create or modify action.
|Use to remove offset(s) from the list.|
|Use to restore deleted offset(s).|
|Use to generate the selected offset(s) in the model.|
|Use to verify the clearances of the selected offset(s).|
|Use to check the geometry, name and material changing of the selected offset(s).|
|Use to view all the properties of the selected offset in a separate window.|
|Select in model
|Use to highlight the offset(s) parts in the model.|
|Zoom in model
|Use to zoom in to the highlighted offset(s) parts in the model.|
||Use to close the application; all the offsets and the settings (columns visibility and order, window size and location) are saved in the Attributes folder from the model.|
||Use to open this help file.|