Use Offset check to check offset and gapany space between two objects
The term gap is used in its general sense in Tekla Structures.
Tekla Structures version: Not version specific
To install the extension:
- Download the Offset tools installer package from Tekla Warehouse. For more information see Downloading an application from Tekla Warehouse.
- Install the file package.
To use the extension:
- Open a Tekla model
- Click the Applications & components button in the side pane to open the Applications & components cataloguser interface for displaying or modifying information in categorized lists
For example, profile catalog and shape catalog are catalogs.
- Search for Offset check and then double-click to open it.
- The Offset check dialog window will open.
- Define whether or not to draw temporary lines (are lines that show you were the gap or offset is measured. They can be cleared with Redraw view command and don’t affect in any way the model.). The options are:
- Off – no temporary lines, that are drawn;
- On – temporary line are drawn.
- Click the Measure button to start measuring offset and gap.
- Select the primary beam.
- Select the boundary beam.
- Select the adjusted beam.
- The applicationpart of Tekla Structures functionality that is developed in order to extend the capability of Tekla Structures but that is not included in the Tekla Structures installation
shows selected beam ID's, gap and offset values.
Note: You can't edit any values in here; please use Offset generation tool instead.