If there is a change to the structure that moves an entire building plane, such as a floor changing elevation or a grid linesingle line that visualizes a single grid plane on a view plane
moving; the existing general arrangement drawingdrawing that is created from one or more model views and that shows information needed to understand the general arrangement of structural elements on a project
General arrangement drawings show how parts, assemblies, cast units, or pour objects are located in a building.
views may no longer be in the correct location. They can be edited using the Up/Down distance values, but this tool allows you to simply move the view using X, Y, Z dimensions. Another situation may be when a general arrangement drawing is cloned, and the sections have not updated their cut locations. This tool can be used on any view in any drawing type.
To install the application:
If Tekla Structures is not running:
- Download the appropriate TSEP (Tekla Structures Extension Package) file from Tekla Warehouseservice for collaboration and for storing and sharing Tekla Structures content
In Tekla Warehouse the content items are stored in collections. Tekla Warehouse includes the Tekla Warehouse Service and the Tekla Warehouse web site.
Tekla Warehouse is one of the Tekla online services.
- Double-click on the saved .tsep file.
- In the Tekla Structures extension manager, check the version(s) you want to install the extension to.
- Click Import.
- Start Tekla Structures.
If Tekla Structures is running:
- Download the appropriate TSEP (Tekla Structures Extension Package) file from Tekla Warehouse.
- Click the menu button in the Applications & components side pane and select Extension manager.
- Click Import..
- Select the .tsep file and click Open.
- Restart Tekla Structures to complete installation.
When in drawing modemode that is used for editing the appearance and content of drawings
Tekla Structures switches to the drawing mode when the user opens any drawing.
, the extension will appear under the Ungrouped items in the Applications & components side pane.
When objects in a view have moved so that they are no longer visible, it is because the view planeplane in a space that defines the view
In Tekla Structures, the grids are projected onto the view plane and the grid lines can be visible on it.
View depth is defined starting from the view plane.
is still cut in the old location.
Double-click on the thumbnail in Applications & components to launch the tool.
Enter the distance the view plane should be moved, and then click Move. Finally, select the view that is to be changed.
Note that the distances are relative to the view - so Z moves in and out of the plane, while X and Y will move up, down, left and right. This allows for simple distances to be entered, even if the view is cut along a slope or skew.