This tool allows users to easily pick faces or lines in the model to quickly measure distances for model review and checking purposes. The all reduces the number of clicks required to get dimensional values compared to the free dimensioning tools in the model. The dimensional values are drawing along the line or all of the edges of a face picked as temporary graphics and can easily be removed by “updating” or “redrawing” a the current view in the model.
Languages: English, Translatable
To install the applicationpart of Tekla Structures functionality that is developed in order to extend the capability of Tekla Structures but that is not included in the Tekla Structures installation
- Have Tekla Structures closed during installation.
- Install the appropriate package that you can download from the from the Tekla Warehouse. (Before 2016i install the .msi. 2016i and newer install the .tsep.)
- Reopen Tekla Structures once installation is complete.
- Before version 2016: A new toolbar icon which will launch the tool should now be visible when a model is opened. For 2016 version and newer: a new thumbnail under Ungrouped items in the Applications and components side pane will appear. For version 2016i and newer a new thumbnail under US Extensions items in the Applications and components side pane will appear.
To use the application:
- After the application is loaded simply press either the Dimension Faces or Dimension Lines button and you will be prompted to pick a surface or line in the model. The surface command only works with native Tekla parts, however the dimension lines command will allow you to select along the edge of any snapable line including reference modelmodel which the designer can use as an aid when building another model
A reference model is created in Tekla Structures or in other software and can be inserted to Tekla Structures. The reference model appears together with the model but it is not modified by Tekla Structures. The user can snap to reference model points.
For example, an architectural model, a plant design model, or a heating, ventilating, and air-conditioning (HVAC) model can be a reference model.
objects, grids, etc. Depending on your snapping settings to snap to geometry lines and points being set.
- If you want to remove the dimensions from the model simply clear your selection, then right click and chose the “Update Window” or “Redraw View” option. The Update Window option is much faster than Redrawing Window especially on larger models.
- Please provide rating and feedback on the Extension download page.
- The Pick faces tool requires you to have solid rendered mode activated and can only work on native Tekla Structures part faces. The lines tool however does allow you to select along the edges of reference model objectmodel object that is an individual part of an imported reference model
The user can define user-defined attributes for a reference model object.
The reference model objects can be moved to a model that is currently being worked on.
Information included in a reference model object can be saved in the model database.
lines if snap to geometry lines and points option is set on the Snapping toolbar.