Makes placing multiple seam components along the joint between two parts easier and faster. The joint will automatically be found and the overlapping volume can have multiple custom seams placed long its length with different spacing options. This extension inserts multiple custom seam components between the geometry of two parts in the joint region.
A Mini-Seam is a custom seam between two parts that puts in only a single set of connectors between parts. The two input points for the custom seam are defined in the center of the connecting hardware location between the two input parts. Instead of one long seam connection with multiple sets of connectors that use the array macrosaved series of actions that includes instructions for a program
Macros are located in the applications and components catalog. They are recorded or created manually and stored as .cs file in a folder defined with the advanced option XS_MACRO_DIRECTORY.
Macros can, for example, be used for creating drawings or reports.
Macros are sometimes used to run an application.
to copy additional connecting hardware along seam, you have one custom seam that only inserts a single set of connection plates/embeds inserted multiple times along the seam joint region. The custom seam that you create should only create one connector set starting at input pointpoint that the user picks when creating a component
in the center for first connection location (custom seam input points) between the two members and have a second point that goes approximately 3" along the seam joint in the middle. There are typically fewer bindings and less complex logic needed for these type custom seams due to the fact that the 1st input handle determines the location center for all the conencting hardware directly and the 2nd input handle establishes the joint direction and center location.
Environments: US Imperial, US Metric
To install the application:
- Close Tekla Structures (if running)
- Download MSI Installer from Tekla Warehouse
- Run the MSI Installer
- Start Tekla Structures
- Open Model
- Before version 2016: A new toolbar icon which will launch the tool should now be visible when a model is opened. For 2016 version and newer: a new thumbnail under Ungrouped items in the Applications and components side pane will appear.
- Select the primary part to connect.
- Select the secondary part(1) part that exists in a building object and that is connected to the main part
(1) Secondary part can be an assembly secondary part or a cast unit secondary part.
(2) input part that the user selects after selecting the component main part when creating a component
(2) A component can have none, one or more component secondary parts.
- Example application in model:
Another example application in model between foundation beam and wallplate that represents a structure such as a wall or roof panel
In Tekla Structures, a panel is created by picking two or more points.
Example custom 'mini-seam' editor view: