Use the Link drawings to Tekla BIMsight extension to automatically link drawings from Tekla Structures to a Tekla BIMsight project. This will link workshop and assembly drawings to the correspondent objects in Tekla BIMsight, in the case of the assembly drawings it will link to the main part(1) part that exists in a building object and that determines the position number for the assembly or cast unit and the direction of assembly or cast unit drawings
(1) Main part can be an assembly main part or a cast unit main part.
(2) input part that the user selects first when creating a component
(2) Connections and details always have a component main part.
of the assembly.
Tekla Structures version: Not version specific
To install the extension:
- Download the Linking drawings to Tekla BIMsight installer package from Tekla Warehouse. For more information see Downloading an application from Tekla Warehouse.
- Install the file package.
To use the application:
- Open a Tekla model that has a drawing.
- Click the Applications & components button in the side pane to open the Applications & components cataloguser interface for displaying or modifying information in categorized lists
For example, profile catalog and shape catalog are catalogs.
- Search for Linking drawings to Tekla BIMsight and then double-click to open it.
- The Linking drawings to Tekla BIMsight dialog window will open.
- In Tekla Structures open a model that already has drawings (single, assemblies or cast unit) created.
- Go to File -> Export -> Tekla BIMsight -> Publish to Tekla BIMsight.
Note: Make sure that you always have Assemblies checked in Options field.
- After publishing is completed, open the name_test.tbp file project in Tekla BIMsight.
- Check that the ElementAssembly files are displayed in Objects tab.
- Close the project from Tekla BIMsight.
- In the Linking drawings to Tekla BIMsight dialog window, in BIMsight projects select the name of the name_test.tbp file project created earlier.
Note: If the name_test.tbp file project isn't opened in Tekla BIMsight, it will not appear in Linking drawings to Tekla BIMsight dialog window, in BIMsight projects options.
- Make desired modification in Options field.
- Click the Create button.
- During linking creation the status bar will display the progress.
- When the linking is completed the status bar will display the following message: Linking drawings complete.
- In Tekla BIMsight, the name_test.tbp file project is opened and the PDF drawing(s) is(are) displayed in Documents tab, under Adobe Acrobat Document branch.
Field Description BIMsight projects Define the file project that you want to link to Tekla BIMsight.
Note: The options in this list vary for each user depending on the project published and opened on Tekla BIMsight.
Field Description Default Single part drawings Links to Tekla BIMsight single part drawings. Checked Assembly drawings Links to Tekla BIMsight assembly drawings. Checked Cast unit drawings Links to Tekla BIMsight cast unit drawings. Checked
Field Description Default Export Mode: Define the export mode of drawings to Tekla BIMsight:
- Add - a new drawing is added
- Update - last drawing is updated
- Reset revision - all existing drawings are deleted; a new one is added.
Add Only for selected objects Use this checkbox to link to Tekla BIMsight only selected objects.
Note: If you have selected:
- Single part drawings - when selecting objects, the Select objects in components option should be selected;
- Assembly and cast unit drawings - when selecting objects, the Select assembly option should be selected;
Unchecked Open Tekla BIMsight Use this checkbox to open the project in Tekla BIMsight. Checked
|Save attribute||Use to save the attributes.|
|Help||Use to open help file.|
|Create||Use to create links between Tekla Structures drawings to Tekla BIMsight.|
|Cancel||Use to exit the program.|
- If the application is run while Only for selected objects option is checked but no objects are selected, the status bar will display 'Total selected objects 0'.
- If the application encounters errors, these will be displayed in Linking drawings to BIMsight ErrorReport.txt file form the model folderfolder that is used for storing files associated with a model
Tekla Structures stores all files associated with a model in a folder it creates with the same name as the model database (.db1).
In multi-user mode all users access the same model folder.
, along with a message from the status bar: 'Some errors occured. Please see the log: C:\Tekla\TeklaStructuresModels\model name(test)\Linking drawings to BIMsight ErrorReport.txt'