Use Length of edge preparation component to calculate the length of edge preparations of plates (plates or beams).
Tekla Structures version: Not version specific
To install the extension:
- Download the Length of edge preparation installer package from Tekla Warehouse. For more information see Downloading an application from Tekla Warehouse.
- Install the file package.
To use the applicationpart of Tekla Structures functionality that is developed in order to extend the capability of Tekla Structures but that is not included in the Tekla Structures installation
- Open a Tekla model that has edge preparation applied.
- Click the Applications & components button in the side pane to open the Applications & components cataloguser interface for displaying or modifying information in categorized lists
For example, profile catalog and shape catalog are catalogs.
- Search for Length of edge preparation and then double-click to open it.
- The Length of edge preparation dialog window will open.
- Select whether you want to run the application on all plates or only on the selected ones.
- Click on the Calculate button.
The following messages will appear in the status bar:
- In progress – while the calculation is made;
- Done – when the calculation is done.
- The results will appear in a list report with the plate(1) part that represents a flat structure
(1) In some contexts, for example in analysis, the term plate object may be used to refer to plates.
(2) plate that represents a steel structure
(2) Plate is mainly used as a connection piece or as a floor plate.
ID and it's corresponding total length of edge preparation.
Note: You can also see the total length if you click on the part -> Inquire - > Part -> EDGE_PREP_LENGTH.
|Calculate for:||Define whether you want to run the application on all plates or only on the selected ones.
The options are:
|Calculate||Use this button to calculate the edge preparation for the (selected) plates.|
|Clear UDA||Use this button to clear the user defined attributes.
This button becomes inactive while the indexing of the objects is made.
|Close||Use this button to close the application.
This button becomes Cancel while the calculating is made.