Use Length of edge preparation component to calculate the length of edge preparations of plates (plates or beams).
Tekla Structures version: Not version specific
To install the extension:
- Download the Length of edge preparation installer package from Tekla Warehouse. For more information see Downloading an application from Tekla Warehouse.
- Install the file package.
To use the application:
- Open a Tekla model that has edge preparation applied.
- Click the Applications & components button in the side pane to open the Applications & components cataloguser interface for displaying or modifying information in categorized lists
For example, profile catalog and shape catalog are catalogs.
- Search for Length of edge preparation and then double-click to open it.
- The Length of edge preparation dialog window will open.
- Select whether you want to run the application on all plates or only on the selected ones.
- Click on the Calculate button.
The following messages will appear in the status bar:
- In progress – while the calculation is made;
- Done – when the calculation is done.
- The results will appear in a list report with the plate(1) part that represents a flat structure
(1) In some contexts, for example in analysis, the term plate object may be used to refer to plates.
(2) plate that represents a steel structure
(2) Plate is mainly used as a connection piece or as a floor plate.
ID and it's corresponding total length of edge preparation.
Note: You can also see the total length if you click on the part -> Inquire - > Part -> EDGE_PREP_LENGTH.
|Calculate for:||Define whether you want to run the application on all plates or only on the selected ones.
The options are:
|Calculate||Use this button to calculate the edge preparation for the (selected) plates.|
|Clear UDA||Use this button to clear the user defined attributes.
This button becomes inactive while the indexing of the objects is made.
|Close||Use this button to close the application.
This button becomes Cancel while the calculating is made.