Use Issue tool for creating formal issues in a model and automating typical issue and revision tasks. It will also provide details of what has changed for a revision to help the user quickly understand the root causes for revisions in a model.
Tekla Structures version: 2017, 2017i
To install the extension:
- Download the Issue tool installer package from Tekla Warehouse. For more information see Downloading an application from Tekla Warehouse.
- Install the file package.
To use the applicationpart of Tekla Structures functionality that is developed in order to extend the capability of Tekla Structures but that is not included in the Tekla Structures installation
- Open a Tekla model.
- Click the Applications & components button in the side pane to open the Applications & components cataloguser interface for displaying or modifying information in categorized lists
For example, profile catalog and shape catalog are catalogs.
- Search for Issue tool and then double-click to open it.
- The Issue tool workflow:
- Model issue wizard
|(1)||Information about the issue - number of new issue|
|(2)||Comment of the last created issue (if any)|
|(3)||The user can add comment for the new issue|
|(4)||Back button (disabled)|
|(5)||Next button - wizard goes to the next page|
|(6)||Cancel button - exits the application|
- Specify selection criteria wizard
|(7)||Select objects using phase||Phase selected|
|(8)||Option for selecting All phases or only some phases from the list||All|
|(9)||Select objects using user defined attribute (UDA)||-|
|(10)||Combobox with all the user defined attributes||All|
|(11)||UDA matching value||-|
|(12)||Back button - wizard goes back to the previous page||-|
|(13)||Next button - wizard goes to the next page||-|
|(14)||Cancel button - exits the application||-|
- please Perform numbering before continuing
In Tekla Structures, the position numbers assigned in the numbering are shown in marks and templates, for example.
is not up to date the fallowing warning message appers:
In Tekla Structures, grids are used as an aid in locating objects in a model. The grid is shown on the view plane by dash-and-dot lines. It is also possible to show grids and grid line labels in drawings, and to modify grid properties in the drawings.
It is possible to have more than one grid in a model. For example, a large-scale grid for the entire structure, and smaller grids for some detailed sections.
|(15)||Status||New - newly created marks in model|
|Revised - revised marks from model|
|Canceled - deleted marks from model|
|Restored - restored marks to model|
|Quantity||Number of affected objects|
|(16)||Results details button|
|(17)||Back button - wizard goes back to the previous page|
|(18)||Next button - wizard goes to the next page|
|(19)||Cancel button - exits the application|
|(20)||If checked, zooms and selects the objects in the model when user selects them in the data grid||Checked|
|(21)||Type filter - the user can choose the objects types from the model to display
|(22)||Category type filter - the user can select what changes will be tracked
|(23)||Export button - Exports the results to Excel or to CSV||-|
|(24)||Right clicking a column header will show a option from where the user can set the data grid column as visible or not.
|(25)||Results details data grid view - displays the results.
|Position - shows the objects mark||-|
|Position type - shows the objects type|
|Status - shows the status|
|Changes - shows the changes|
|(26)||Message about the data loading||-|
- geometrical properties will be built from the fallowing properties: points positions, length, deformingpart property that changes the geometry of the part
(start and end angles, camberingdeforming that curves a part to compensate for deflection which arises due to loads on the structure
Cambering is typically an upward curvature defined for a beam.
, shorteningdeforming that decreases the modeled length of a part in a drawing by a value the user has entered
Shortening is used when the parts are manufactured shorter than modeled.
), levels ( top, bottom), curved beambeam that follows the form of an arc
Steel curved beams can be created by picking three points, where a point between the start point and the end point defines the arc. Both steel and concrete curved beams can be created by adjusting radius in beam properties or by using polybeams.
( radius plane, radius value, number of segments), position (vertical / on plane, vertical / on plane offset, rotation, rotation offset, horizontal / at depth, horizontal / at depth offset), end offsetpart property that is used to move the ends of a part, relative to the part’s reference line
( start / end Dx, Dy, Dz offsets)
- all other properties are consider to be grouped as general data. Main type filter options are used together with category filter options having combinations like (“part and reinforcement” and “general data” filter checked together) in order to show data in the results details data grid viewview that is created along a specified grid line of a selected grid and whose view plane is the same as the specified grid plane
- push Next button (18) to continue with the wizard
- New issue generated
|(27)||Updates the drawing revisions - If tracked model object has drawings the revision will be incremented with data from the extension fallowing the next mapping:
Note:The drawing revision will be created only if the drawing is updated.
|(28)||Deletes unreferenced drawings
Note: The drawing will be deleted only if in the Drawing Listlist of drawings that provides information about the drawings in a particular model and that is used for searching, managing, and printing the drawings
|(29)||Revision markuser-created symbol that indicates a change in the model or in the drawing, and in which information about the change is enclosed
Information enclosed in a revision mark is shown in a revision table.
- will be mapped to the drawing's mark revision
Note: The previous mapped mark value is now moved to the Info1 field, separated by a " - " from the content of the Info1 field
|(30)||Back button - wizard goes back to the previous page||-|
|(31)||Create issue button - creates the issue||-|
|(32)||Cancel button - exits the application|
- make the desired changes and push Create issue button. Issue is created and the application is closed.
- to clear out the entire issue history and start again a new fresh tracking just delete the "Issue" folder that the tool creates in the model folderfolder that is used for storing files associated with a model
Tekla Structures stores all files associated with a model in a folder it creates with the same name as the model database (.db1).
In multi-user mode all users access the same model folder.
- Part tracking
- the application will track the quantity of a part mark
- if the part markmark that includes a set of selected property elements related to a part
Part marks are made use of, for example, when identifying constructions, when giving information about welding, when giving information about assemblies to a workshop, when giving information about how parts should be connected to each other, and when creating bills of quantities.
In the US, the term piece mark is used to refer to position number.
has only one element or if the comparing algorithm picks the same object as the previously selected one all the common part properties (material, profile / thickness, finish , classpart property that groups parts according to identifiers given by the user
The identifiers of classes are usually numbers. Classes can be used for defining the color of parts in the model, for example. Class does not influence the numbering of model objects.
, deforming start angle, deforming end angle, cambering, shortening, position vertical / position plane, position plane offset/position vertical offset, position rotation, position rotation offset, position horizontal / position depth, position depth offset/ position horizontal offset, cast unit typeproperty of a concrete part in a cast unit that defines if the structure type of the part is precast or cast in place
, pour phasepart property that defines which cast-in-place concrete parts form a pour object
Pour phase can be used to prevent cast-in-place concrete parts from merging into one pour object.
, part assembly start numberfirst number of a numbering series
, part assembly prefix, name, length) and also specific part properties like:
Pad footing usually supports one column.
: position top level, position bottom level
Strip footing supports a length of wall or a line of closely spaced columns, for example.
In Tekla Structures, strip footing has a polygon shape that the user defines by picking points.
: position start offset dx, position start offset dy, position start offset dz, position end offset dx, position end offset dy, position end offset dz, number of curved bending segments, bending curved radius value, bending curved radius plane
- the application will display the type of a part (beam, column, panel, strip footing, pad footing, poly beam, poly beam panel, poly beam strip footing, poly beam column, slabplate that represents a concrete structure
In Tekla Structures, a slab is created by picking three or more points.
Slab may be part of a floor, for example.
or plate(1) part that represents a flat structure
(1) In some contexts, for example in analysis, the term plate object may be used to refer to plates.
(2) plate that represents a steel structure
(2) Plate is mainly used as a connection piece or as a floor plate.
- Assembly tracking
- the application will track the quantity of an assembly mark
- the application will display the type of the assembly (steel assembly, cast in place assembly, precast assembly, timber assembly)
- Reinforcement tracking
- the application will track the quantity of a reinforcement markmark that includes a set of selected property elements related to a reinforcement
- if the reinforcement mark has only one element or if the comparing algorithm picks the same object as the previously selected one all the common reinforcement properties (class, end point offset type, end point offset value, father, from plane offset, grade, name , start point offset type, start point offset value, on plane offsets (keeping the Tekla Structures format), bending radius (keeping the Tekla Structures format), length) are being tracked by the application.
- the application will display the type of a reinforcement (rebar meshreinforcement that represents a mesh of steel bars in two perpendicular directions
In Tekla Structures, the reinforcement mesh bars in one direction are called main bars and reinforcement mesh bars perpendicular to them are called crossing bars.
, single rebar, rebar groupgroup of reinforcing bars that are side by side and have identical properties, except the possible variation in bar lengths
, rebar strandreinforcement that represents a group of wires spun together
- the extension is displaying the mark transition of a tracked model objectobject that is represented in a model
A model object is either created in a model or imported into it.
by showing how mark changes from the current one to a new one
- also the mark inheritance is shown for a tracked model object by showing the previously mark that the model object had
- NC files tracking
- the application will read the files depending on the “XS_MIS_FILE_DIRECTORY” advanced option. So if this option is set the files will be loaded from the custom path, otherwise the files will be loaded from the model folder. The NC files will display their path in the position column and as a position type will use the “NC file” notation. They will use the same statuses as the model objects and their meaning will be the same, only that for a revised file a corresponding message will be shown in the changes column and not what actually was changed in the previous version of the file
The fallowing 7 reports are installed with this extension:
- IssueToolAssemblyDrawingsReport - report for assembly drawings with changes (the assembly drawings must be created first)
- IssueToolAssemblyReport - report for assemblies with changes
- IssueToolCastUnitDrawingsReport - report for cast unit drawings with changes (the cast unit drawings must be created first)
- IssueToolCastUnitReport - report for cast units with changes
- IssueToolPartDrawingsReport - report for part drawings with changes (the part drawings must be created first)
- IssueToolPartReport - report for part with changes
- IssueToolRebarReport - report for rebar with changes
- User defined attributes
User-defined attributes are used when the predefined object properties are not sufficient but more properties are needed. For example, comment, locked, and erection status are user-defined attributes.
's for every part, reinforcement and assembly.