This extension is to create a slot around gussetcomponent object that represents a plate that connects braces to a beam, column, or base plate
in built-up members and seal plate(1) part that represents a flat structure
(1) In some contexts, for example in analysis, the term plate object may be used to refer to plates.
(2) plate that represents a steel structure
(2) Plate is mainly used as a connection piece or as a floor plate.
How to Locate
Installers are available at Builtup Connections
After installation, 'Gusset Slot' extension is available in the component catalogcatalog that contains all system components and custom components, and the macros and applications
The term component catalog is used in Tekla Structures until version 21.1.
Using Gusset Slot
Click the above icon and it opens below the window.
There are two types of input and first one is select the existing component (ex : Bolted Gusset - 11), the other one is select the actual gusset plate and the colliding member which requires slot.
1. Provide the values for gapany space between two objects
The term ’gap’ is used in its general sense in Tekla Structures.
required around the gusset in the blank fields in above window.
2. Click ‘Apply’, ‘OK’, & Select the gusset plate. It creates the slot automatically around the gusset as shown below.