The Framecad integration extensions are a set of tools used to integrate Tekla Structures and Framecad Detailer using Framecad's .fim file format. Framecad Detailer The installation for these tools can be found on Tekla Warehouseservice for collaboration and for storing and sharing Tekla Structures content
In Tekla Warehouse the content items are stored in collections. Tekla Warehouse includes the Tekla Warehouse Service and the Tekla Warehouse web site.
Tekla Warehouse is one of the Tekla online services.
The Framecad Panel Creator tool is used to create solid panels of the correct dimension with openings to be exported to Framecad Detailer for elementation
To use the extension:
- In the Applications and Components browser, locate the Framecad Panel Creator macrosaved series of actions that includes instructions for a program
Macros are located in the applications and components catalog. They are recorded or created manually and stored as .cs file in a folder defined with the advanced option XS_MACRO_DIRECTORY.
Macros can, for example, be used for creating drawings or reports.
Macros are sometimes used to run an application.
then double click the icon.
To create new panels
- Set the required frame height
- Set the required channel height (used for the contour platepart whose outline form the user defines by picking three or more points
The user can define the shape of the contour plate parallel to the work plane. The profile in use defines the thickness. The corners of the contour plate can be chamfered.
- Click create
- Click start and end point of new panel.
- repeat until all required panels are created the click middle mouse button to end
To add openings
- Press the Openings button
- Set opening height (vertical size of opening)
- Set cill height (distance from bottom of panel to bottom of opening)
- Click create
- select a panel
- pick start and end point of opening
- repeat steps 5 and 6 as required
- middle mouse button to end
- The tool is just a helper tool. Any contourplate with the "User Field 1" user attribute set to FrameCADPanel will export to framecad. The openings are simply part/polygon cuts.