The Framecad integration extensions are a set of tool is used to integrate Tekla Structures and framecad detailer using framecad's .fim file format. Framecad Detailer
The extension contains three tools:
- Framecad Panel Creator - this tool is used to create solid panels of the correct dimension with openings to be exported to Framecad Detailer for elementation
- Export to Framecad - Exports selected framing members and/or framecad solid panels to framecad's fim file format to be imported into Framecad Detailer
- Import from Framecad - imports a fim file exported from framecad, replacing the solid panels with elements generated in Framecad Detailer.
To use the extension:
- Each tool is called via a macrosaved series of actions that includes instructions for a program
Macros are located in the applications and components catalog. They are recorded or created manually and stored as .cs file in a folder defined with the advanced option XS_MACRO_DIRECTORY.
Macros can, for example, be used for creating drawings or reports.
Macros are sometimes used to run an application.
, these can be found in the application and components browser within Tekla Structures.
- For more details of the see the individual macro pages
- The framecad integration application is called by both the import from framecad and the export to framecad macros. This means only one or the other can be running at any one time. (If you want to import from framecad you should first close the export to framecad dialog)