May 5, 2018
- When picking the attachment point for top end of a brace, in stacked panel layout, the tool now automatically recognizes the lower panel in stacked panel layout. The bottom end of a brace goes all the way down and strut attaches to the lowest panel in a stacked panel layout.
- The tool is now able to place panels with any width. Previously panel minimum width was limited to 250 mm.
- Placing the panels works now also in the plane viewview that displays objects two-dimensionally
- Previously the direct modificationfunction that activates the mode where the model objects can be modified by using handles
Direct modification enables additional handles and modification options.
of pouring platforms was not working correctly when environment was using imperial units. This has now been fixed.
- Wallplate that represents a structure such as a wall or roof panel
In Tekla Structures, a panel is created by picking two or more points.
panel and corner layouts can now be copied and mirrored. Note that the accessories (clamps, ties, braces etc.) are not copied or mirrored.
Placing a brace now works much better with stacked panels
Feruary 2, 2018
Apply to selected works now with clamps
Improved scaling for dialogs and icons
New separate installers for both Tekla Structures 2017i and Tekla Structures 2018
October 25, 2017
- It’s now possible to create walers (walings, steel rails) with the Formwork Placing tools - Walls
- Tool has now automation for clamp direction. When clamps are inserted into panel array the tool automatically inserts clamps to correct rotation. Earlier user needed to pick the direction (order of red and green preview boxes) correctly or clamps were added upside down.
- Tool has now automation for condition direction. Formwork Placing tool – Walls supports now two alternative methods of entering conditions: rotate (around z) and mirror. Earlier user needed to select the direction by hovering mouse to correct location. The direction was indicated with red and green lines but this wasn’t very intuitive because it was impossible to know which order was the correct one other than remembering it by heart.
- New configuration file "***.SubAssemblyItems.ini" has been added. The file allows users to define multiple methods how the Conditions should behive when they are mirrored.
- Preset and picking points of braces have been separated. Previously it was only possible to insert single braces into preset locations. This wasn’t resulting good usability so now these two can be defined separately.
- Preset and picking points of ties have been separated. Previously it was only possible to insert single ties into preset locations. This wasn’t resulting good usability so now these two can be defined separately.
- It’s also possible to snap to picking points when editing the tie.
- New fields (TiePickX, TiePickY) have been added to "***.FormworkTools.Panels.csv".
- Preset and picking points of clamps have been separated. Previously it was only possible to insert single clamps into preset locations. This wasn’t resulting good usability so now these two can be defined separately.
- Bulkheads have now end offsetpart property that is used to move the ends of a part, relative to the part’s reference line
to make it easier to model timber infill.
- Platform functionality has been improved to support custom arrays. This means that it’s now possible to move individual supports to new locations within the platform array.
- Small chamfers are now ignored in formwork placing. This will make modeling easier because the tool does not try to rotate panels based on chamfers.
- Ties support 1500mm thick walls. Previously support was limited to 500mm. The wall thickness haven’t been set to infinity because the tool searches for opposite panel and performance will be better when the search range is limited.
- Name of MaxLength field has been changed to MaxWallThickness in "***.FormworkTools.Ties.csv".
- Ties support now automatic selection based on length of the tie rod. This means that now it’s possible to create settings that select correct ties automatically based on wall thickness.
- If multiple ties has defined with same name the tool selects correct one based on MaxWallThickness value.
- Ties can now be added into fillers. Preset or picking points of filler ties can’t be added to configuration files but it’s possible to save used settings using the dialog and reuse them later.
- It’s now possible to add contour plates, polybeams, items and any components into Conditions. Earlier only beams, custom parts and Fillers has been supported.
- “Insert new” button has been added to FormworkPanel dialog.
- Braces can be now attached to tilted panels.
- Length calculation of lower brace has been fixed so that it works also when upper brace haven’t been inserted. This means that now it’s possible to add lower brace to lower panel with 1500mm offset and upper brace to upper panel with 1500mm offset and the both braces will meet in same location.
- Automatic brace selection based on length has been revised. Earlier the length took only upper brace into account. Now lengths of both (upper and lower) braces are checked in calculation. This will result as more robust automatic brace selection and easier manual modification of braces.
- If multiple braces has defined with same name the tool selects correct one based on MinLength and MaxLength values.
- Brace connection point can now be moved (dragged) vertically also. This can be done by pressing down “Atl” key and dragging the handle to new location. Without pressing “Alt” key the handle is moved horizontally.
- Clamps can now be added to array of one panel. Earlier array must have contained at least 2 panels to support clamps.
- Insert new buttons work now on US imperial, US metric, France and customers own environments. Earlier the installation added macrosaved series of actions that includes instructions for a program
Macros are located in the applications and components catalog. They are recorded or created manually and stored as .cs file in a folder defined with the advanced option XS_MACRO_DIRECTORY.
Macros can, for example, be used for creating drawings or reports.
Macros are sometimes used to run an application.
files to common environmentTekla Structures environment that forms a basis for other environments
The common environment is included in the software installation and includes the global settings, macros, symbols, items, and fonts, for example. The common environment is not used as basis in the US Imperial and US Metric environments.
. This has now been changed that the macros are created runtime when they are needed and not stored on hard drive.
- MaxLength field has been changed to MaxWallThickness in Formwork Placing tools – Walls 2.0. We have implemented support to both field names for version 2.0.
- In some cases corner subassemblies of Bulkheads had wrong elevation. This is now fixed.
- Tool will now inform users if some components are not included into the model which are defined in settings.
- Numerous improvements to translations and better error/exception handling.
- Apply to selected button has been hidden from Conditions. It wasn’t working as well as we desired.
- Dropdown fields show more characters now.
Release: EXAMPLE FORMWORK SYSTEM CONFIGURATION FILES 2.0 (Doka)
- The new example has been created. All old settings has been revised and new features has been taken into account. The configuration now uses only formwork items from Framax S family. It's good to review these files if you are planning to create your own configuration.
October 26, 2017
• Insert new buttons work now on US imperial, US metric, France and customers own environments. Earlier the installation added macro files to common environment. This has now been changed that the macros are created runtime when they are needed and not stored on hard drive.
• It’s now possible to add contour plates, polybeams, items and any components into Conditions. Earlier only beams, custom parts and Fillers has been supported.
• MaxLength field has been changed to MaxWallThickness in Formwork Placing tools – Walls 2.0. We have implemented support to both field names for version 1.3 also.
• Apply to selected button has been hidden from Conditions. It wasn’t working as well as we desired.
April 7, 2017
Fixes issue "Sometimes the tool fails to read in the standard fileproperty file that Tekla Structures uses by default
Standard files are used, for example, for loading frequently used values into the property pane or a dialog box.
Standard file name is standard.* where the symbol * is the file name extension. For example, standard.clm file is used for column properties.
of the component that will be placed to the model. Standard file can be manually loaded after the insertion."
March 31, 2017
- Ability to stack conditions vertically
- New more illustrative dialog for conditions
- Tekla Warehouseservice for collaboration and for storing and sharing Tekla Structures content
In Tekla Warehouse the content items are stored in collections. Tekla Warehouse includes the Tekla Warehouse Service and the Tekla Warehouse web site.
Tekla Warehouse is one of the Tekla online services.
button for downloading setting files
- New attribute “***InputOrder” added. This offer flexible way to control input points of the components.
- Bulkhead creation was limited to 600mm thick walls. Limit has been now increased to 1500mm
- Imperial profiles work now with fillers
- “FormworkSubAssemblySetupWizard” crashed sometimes after part selection. This is now fixed
- Attribute “PlanePosition” didn’t move panels to left in ***.FormworkTools.Panles.csv file. This is now fixed
- ”Apply filter to selected items” button is removed
- Conditions can now be edited with Panel dialog
- Studbolt element that represents a metal rod or pin that is used to transfer loads
Studs and other bolt elements are listed in the bolt catalog.
A stud can be secured with two or more nuts and have threading at both ends, or it can be welded to steel parts, for example.
A stud is part of the bolt assembly.
properties were read from timber fillers. Now the tool reads data from correct field
- Sometimes the tool fails to read in the standard file of the component that will be placed to the model. Standard file can be manually loaded after the insertion.
Release: EXAMPLE FORMWORK SYSTEM CONFIGURATION FILES 1.0
March 31, 2017
- New field PanelInputOrder has been added for Doka panels. This helps to control panel rotation more reliably
- Doka and PERI panels has been re-organized to size order
- Doka panel dimensions in tool dropdown has been changed to same format (width x height) as they are in Doka cataloguser interface for displaying or modifying information in categorized lists
For example, profile catalog and shape catalog are catalogs.