The Folded part drawings tool is a simple application that helps the user to create workshop drawings of folded parts including both the folded and unfolded shape. This is achieved by creating two workshop drawings of each folded part, one folded and one unfolded. The views from the second drawing are then copied or linked into the first drawing.
- Download the Folded part drawings installer package from Tekla Warehouse. For more information see Downloading an application from Tekla Warehouse.
- Install the file package.
To use the application:
- Click the Applications & components button in the side pane to open the Applications & components cataloguser interface for displaying or modifying information in categorized lists
For example, profile catalog and shape catalog are catalogs.
- Search for Folded part drawings and then double-click to open it.
- Use the standard settings, load the saved settingsmaster drawing where the drawing settings are saved in a drawing property file and used when creating a new drawing of a specific drawing type
, or set the properties to be used for drawing creation.
- Select the drawing properties for the folded drawing and assign a drawing sheet number.
- Select the drawing properties for the unfolded drawing and assign a different sheet number.
- Select whether to link or copy the drawing views, and optionally delete the unfolded drawing if copying views.
- Select whether to create drawings for selected parts or all parts by filter. Select a selection filterfilter used for defining which object types can be selected
Selection filter chooses model objects according to object properties.
Selection filters can be standard or user-defined.
For example, selection filters can be used to select parts for drawings or analysis.
if creating a drawing for all parts by filter.
- If creating drawings for selected parts, select the parts now.
- Click Create drawings to start the drawing creation.
- The progress of drawing creation is shown in the progress bar.
- The screen is active while drawings are created and several dialogs are opened and closed during the creation process. Do not attempt to perform any actions until the drawing creation is complete.
- A notice is displayed in the status bar when the drawing creation is complete.
Before the drawing creation is started, a check is made to be sure that numberingprocess of assigning position numbers to parts, cast units, assemblies, or reinforcement
In Tekla Structures, the position numbers assigned in the numbering are shown in marks and templates, for example.
is up to date for all the selected parts.
Drawings are only created for polybeams even if regular beams or contour plates are included in the selection.
If a drawing already exists for a part, use one of the specified sheet numbers that drawing will not be overwritten, but linking or copying of views is not done.
|Drawing properties (Folded)||The workshop drawing properties used to create the folded form drawing.|
|Sheet number (Folded)||The sheet number which is assigned to the folded form drawing.|
|Drawing properties (Unfolded)||The workshop drawing properties used to create the folded form drawing.|
|Sheet number (Unfolded)||The sheet number which is assigned to the unfolded form drawing.|
|Link drawing views||Select this option to link the views in the unfolded drawing when copying to the folded drawing.|
|Copy drawing views||Select this option to only copy the views from the unfolded drawing to the folded drawing.|
|Copy and delete drawing||Select this option to delete the unfolded drawing after views have been copied. You cannot select this option if Link drawing views is selected.|
|Selected parts||Select this option to create drawings for the currently selected parts only.|
|All parts by filter||Select this option to create drawings for all parts in the model based on a selection filter. Select the selection filter to be used from the drop down list of selection filters.|
The properties in the Folded Part Drawings tool can be saved and loaded just like any in other Tekla Structures dialog box by using the Save and Load buttons at the top of the dialog box. The properties are saved with the file extension FoldedPartDrawings.Attributes.xml. The properties files can be placed in the system, XS_FIRM, XS_PROJECT, or model attributes folders.
After views are copied or linked from the unfolded drawing into the folded drawing, the views are re-arranged in the drawing using the Arrange Drawing Views command. If autoscaling is used, this can cause the original views in the folded form drawing to change, resulting in different scaling for the folded and unfolded views. To maintain a consistent scale in all views, simply use fixed scaling in the folded and unfolded drawing settingssettings that control what the drawing looks like and what it includes
Drawing settings can be defined in the modeling mode when creating a drawing, and they can be modified in the drawing mode.
The range of the objects and elements that drawing settings affect may vary.
Document manager is enabled by default instead of Drawing listlist of drawings that provides information about the drawings in a particular model and that is used for searching, managing, and printing the drawings
In the drawing list, the user can, for example, search, open, update, freeze, lock, and delete drawings. The drawing list can also be used to display the associations between the drawings and the parts in the model.
. All commands and buttons that would have launched Drawing list in earlier Tekla Structures versions will from version 2018i onwards launch Document manager. Because Drawing list macros are not supported in Document manager, please enable the Drawing list, set the advanced option XS_USE_OLD_DRAWING_LIST_DIALOG to TRUE in the Drawing Properties category of the Advanced Optionssettings used to customize Tekla Structures for specific companies, standards, users, or user groups
In Tekla Structures, advanced options are settings that are used, for example, in a specific project or geographical area, or by a specific company.
In Tekla Structures, advanced options usually begin with the initials XS and are followed by the name of the function, for example XS_BACKGROUND_COLOR.