1. Purpose and description
2. System requirements
To install the applicationpart of Tekla Structures functionality that is developed in order to extend the capability of Tekla Structures but that is not included in the Tekla Structures installation
- Make sure Tekla Structures is closed.
- Install the 32 or 64 bit (x64) installation. Download from the Tekla Warehouse.
- Reopen Tekla Structures once installation is complete and you will see:
4.1 - Fire Proofing Options
- Reference Profile - Define the reference profile to be used in the calculation.
- Rating System Thickness - Define the rating system thickness to be used in the calcuation
- Calculation Mode - Choose the beam or column option to run depending on the selected objects. The beam option will calculate the area of the profile using 3 sides to cacluate the perimiter of the member assuming that the 4th side (top flange) will be covered in concrete. The column options will calculate the area of the profile using 4 sides to calculate the perimeter of the member.
4.2 - Additional Options
- Calculate Flute? - If the Calculation Mode is set to Beam then you will have the option to calculate the flute or not.
- Clear Existing Flute Attribute? - If the Calculation Mode is set to Beam then you will have the option to clear any existing flute attribute stored in the defined UDAobject property created by the user in order to widen the range of predefined object properties
User-defined attributes are used when the predefined object properties are not sufficient but more properties are needed. For example, comment, locked, and erection status are user-defined attributes.
- Flute Height - Define the flute height to be used in the calcuation
4.3 - UDA Assignments
Tekla Structures stores all files associated with a model in a folder it creates with the same name as the model database (.db1).
In multi-user mode all users access the same model folder.
or you can merge it with any existing customized objects.inp file that you may have in a system/firm folderfolder that is used for storing Tekla Structures-related files customized for a particular organization
A Tekla Structures user can, for example, customize a company’s cloning templates and save them in a sub-folder located under the firm folder. After this, the customized cloning templates can be used in all projects carried out for the company.
. DO NOT edit the system/environment objects.inp files.
- Fire Proofing - Define the UDA sytanx to store the Fire Proofing thickness once it has been calculated. (FP_THK is the default syntax defined in the objects.inp file for this tool)
- Flute - Define the UDA syntax to store the flute volume once it has been calcuatled. If the XS_IMPERIAL advanced option is set to TRUE then this value's units will be in3. If it's set to FALSE then this value's units will be mm3. (FP_FLUTE is the default syntax defined in the objects.inp file for this tool)
- Define Fire Proofing Options, Additional Options and UDA Assignments
- Select objects in the model to calculate
- Click the Calculate (Store To Selected) to store the fire proofing calculations to the selected objects
- The values will then be written to the UDA syntax defined in the UDA Assignments portion of the tool.