This plugin enables the user to number each rebar, meshreinforcement that represents a mesh of steel bars in two perpendicular directions
In Tekla Structures, the reinforcement mesh bars in one direction are called main bars and reinforcement mesh bars perpendicular to them are called crossing bars.
or strandreinforcement that represents a group of wires spun together
starting for each cast unit or pour objectbuilding object that is formed of one or more cast-in-place concrete parts, or a part of a cast-in-place concrete part
The cast-in-place concrete parts are merged into one pour object if they have the same material grade and pour phase, and if they touch each other. Pour objects are visible in pour view.
with 1. That way the numbers are drawing based and every cast unit drawingdrawing that displays information on concrete parts, including reinforcement, cast-in embeds, edge chamfers, and insulation, in a cast unit
Cast unit drawings are generally used either at the element factory or at the construction site.
or pour object drawing (GA drawingdrawing that is created from one or more model views and that shows information needed to understand the general arrangement of structural elements on a project
General arrangement drawings show how parts, assemblies, cast units, or pour objects are located in a building.
) starts with 1 for the reinforcements.
The installation package can be found here
After the installation, the Reinforcement Sequence Numberingprocess of assigning position numbers to parts, cast units, assemblies, or reinforcement
In Tekla Structures, the position numbers assigned in the numbering are shown in marks and templates, for example.
Extension can be found in the component catalogcatalog that contains all system components and custom components, and the macros and applications
The term component catalog is used in Tekla Structures until version 21.1.
The extension is started from the component cataloguser interface for displaying or modifying information in categorized lists
For example, profile catalog and shape catalog are catalogs.
by double-clicking on the icon. The following dialog box opens:
Select the reinforcement, parts, cast units or pour units and start the numbering by clicking the "Assign sequence numbers" button.
You can select your saved settingsmaster drawing where the drawing settings are saved in a drawing property file and used when creating a new drawing of a specific drawing type
and load them or you type something new and save it under this name.
You can select your saved settings and load them or you can type something new and save it under this name.
The number will be stored in a UDAobject property created by the user in order to widen the range of predefined object properties
User-defined attributes are used when the predefined object properties are not sufficient but more properties are needed. For example, comment, locked, and erection status are user-defined attributes.
This button clears the UDA “REBAR_SEQ_NO” for the selected model objects.
• If one part is selected, only the UDA´s of the reinforcement inside this part will be cleared
• If one cast unit is selected, only the UDA´s of the reinforcement inside this cast unit will be cleared
• If one pour object or unit is selected, only the UDA´s of the reinforcement inside all pours with the same pour numberproperty of a pour object used to define the sequence of pours
will be cleared
The order controls how changes are handled inside the numbering process.
You have 4 options to choose from:
• Append: New numbers will be appended at the end of the current numbering
• Interpose: New numbers will fill the gaps
• Slide: Gaps will be filled by following numbers and new numbers appended at the end of the current numbering
• Append from Start No.: New numbers will be appended at the start no. entered in the additional field. This field is only available when this option is selected.
Here a small example:
Everything which is selected in the model and is inside this selection filterfilter used for defining which object types can be selected
Selection filter chooses model objects according to object properties.
Selection filters can be standard or user-defined.
For example, selection filters can be used to select parts for drawings or analysis.
will be taken into account by the numbering process.
Example: You want to exclude all rebars which have the material "Elektro" or "Undefined". You have to set up the filter like this and save it under a new name.
Option to turn the Tekla numbering on or off.
- If it is turned on, the Tekla numbering will run automatically if needed before the sequence numbers will be assigned.
- If it is turned off, the Tekla numbering will not run before and if the Tekla numbering is not up to date, a warning message appears.
This option controls if the REBAR_SEQ_NO is created for Cast units or Pour objects.
If rebars in the model have already been numbered with one of these settings, it’s not possible to switch to the other option.
Pours shall always be numbered based on Pour objects and Cast units shall always be numbered based on Cast Units.
• Cast unit: Reinforcement inside the same cast unit will be in one sequence.
• Pour object: Reinforcement inside the pours with the same pour number will be in one sequence.
This option will clear the log file when a new entry is created.
This button is available if a log file has been written. The log file is stored inside the model folderfolder that is used for storing files associated with a model
Tekla Structures stores all files associated with a model in a folder it creates with the same name as the model database (.db1).
In multi-user mode all users access the same model folder.
The log file contains some information, which might be useful to you.
Here is a small example:
This button starts the numbering process for all selected reinforcements.
• If a reinforcement inside a cast unit is selected, all reinforcement inside this cast unit and all father cast units are numbered.
• If a reinforcement inside a pour object is selected, all reinforcement inside this pour object is numbered.
This will close the application.
This extension adds a new UDA to the Project UDA tab page. The UDA is called REBAR_NUM_TYPE.
This UDA controls what the custom propertyobject property that the user can manually include in the Organizer
Some properties are not automatically available in the Organizer, for example the properties of reference model objects.
The UDA values are
If the REBAR_NUM_TYPE is not existing, the REBAR_POS is used. The CUSTOM.REBAR_NUMBER is used for meshes, strands, and rebars.
If the UDA is set to:
- REBAR_POS, the Output of the custom property is the REBAR_POS number
- REBAR_SEQ_NO, the Output of the custom property is the REBAR_SEQ_NO number
- SERIAL_NUMBER, the Output of the custom property is the SERIAL_NUMBER number
The custom property can be used in all reports, templates, and marks. This way there is no need to change between properties. You can control it by one UDA.