This extension creates a report from Tekla Structures that can be imported into the Steel Erection Bid Wizard software. The Steel Erection Bid Wizard software is an estimating solution for erectors.
Environments: US Imperial, US Metric
To install the extension:
- Download the TSEP package from Tekla Warehouse.
- Import the TSEP into the Applications and components catalogcatalog that contains all system components and custom components, and the macros and applications
The term component catalog is used in Tekla Structures until version 21.1.
(see this TUA article for instructions).
- Start Tekla Structures.
- Open/Create a model.
- The extension will be found in the Applications and components cataloguser interface for displaying or modifying information in categorized lists
For example, profile catalog and shape catalog are catalogs.
under the US extensions category.
Please view the video.
- Additional selection filters can be created through the Tekla Structures interface which will then be available in the drop-down list on reopening the extension.
- Category values can be replaced or modified by editing the BidWizardCategories.bwcp file and saving it to the model attributes or firm folderfolder that is used for storing Tekla Structures-related files customized for a particular organization
A Tekla Structures user can, for example, customize a company’s cloning templates and save them in a sub-folder located under the firm folder. After this, the customized cloning templates can be used in all projects carried out for the company.
- Help or feedback on this extension is provided through the discussion forum.