The Duggan Steel File Transfer macrosaved series of actions that includes instructions for a program
Macros are located in the applications and components catalog. They are recorded or created manually and stored as .cs file in a folder defined with the advanced option XS_MACRO_DIRECTORY.
Macros can, for example, be used for creating drawings or reports.
Macros are sometimes used to run an application.
will create a transfer file compatible with the Duggan Steel detailing program. A report file (
report.txt) will be created for all Duggan Steel components selected within the model. The transfer file can be used in addition to or instead of the standard order forms.
Any problems during the creation of the file will be written to a log file,
NonStandardParts.txt and saved to the current Tekla Structures model folderfolder that is used for storing files associated with a model
Tekla Structures stores all files associated with a model in a folder it creates with the same name as the model database (.db1).
In multi-user mode all users access the same model folder.
. Problems will either be errors or warnings. Errors will prevent the creation of a transfer file, whereas warnings (where non-standard parts have been found) will not prevent the creation of the file. The macro will use a tolerancepermissible amount by which the dimensions of a structure may vary from the work size specified
Tolerance is usually stated as a plus or minus dimension.
The term ’tolerance’ is used in its general sense in Tekla Structures.
In a model the term ’tolerance’ should not be used to refer to a gap.
of 1mm when checking a part against the Duggans Steel standards.
- The file transfer cannot check the validity of the purlin and rails used in the roof and wallplate that represents a structure such as a wall or roof panel
In Tekla Structures, a panel is created by picking two or more points.
systems, or the completeness of the model. For example, the file transfer will not flag the inappropriate use of the Anti-Sag system, or missing pairs of end holes in purlins or rails. It will not recognise where joints have accidentally been omitted. Such checks are your responsibility.
- All files will be written to a subfolder of the current Tekla Structures model folder called CAMFiles. These files will overwrite existing files with the same name without any prompt or warning to the user.
- If you want to split an order into phases, filter the model by phase and save the files with different names before running another export. For example, 514_A for phase A in job 514.
- Ensure that Select object in components is selected.
- This macro automatically excludes non-Duggan parts from the order, but check the currently active Selection Filter to ensure that it is not excluding any parts which are actually required.
- Select the area / whole model that you wish to order.
- From the Applications and components panel search Duggans File Transfer, double click the file transfer icon.
- Enter the required details into the Parameters dialogue, you must fill in every field.
- Click Create Files button.
- If there are any errors or warnings while creating the file, see
NonStandardParts.txtin the CAMFiles folder. View an explanation of error and warning messages.
- If a message appears stating numberingprocess of assigning position numbers to parts, cast units, assemblies, or reinforcement
In Tekla Structures, the position numbers assigned in the numbering are shown in marks and templates, for example.
is required, from the File menu, select Diagnose & repair > Repair model
- If the transfer file is successfully created, but the log file contains warnings then you will need to supply drawings for the associated items. Create the relevant Tekla Structures drawing or check that they are up-to-date and ensure that they contain sufficient information for fabrication.
- Please contact Tekla Structures support if you require further clarification.
We recommend that you compress these files into a single “zip” file before emailing them to Duggans. Please contact Duggan Steel Group if you require further details.
- Transfer file,
- PDF files for each required drawing