The Duggan Steel Diagonal Ties macrosaved series of actions that includes instructions for a program
Macros are located in the applications and components catalog. They are recorded or created manually and stored as .cs file in a folder defined with the advanced option XS_MACRO_DIRECTORY.
Macros can, for example, be used for creating drawings or reports.
Macros are sometimes used to run an application.
allows the placing of one or two diagonal ties between any two or three selected bolts.
Before and after
- Any modification of the selected parts will cause this macro to be updated.
- To reduce unnecessary parts in the models/clarity the end brackets are not modelled.
- When three positions are selected, the middle must be to the bottom of an anti-sag member. A pair of diagonal ties will be positioned between the bolts, fitted under the anti-sag member and it will be shortened accordingly. The holes will normally be:
- The purlin / rail cleat bolt nearest the rafter / stanchion (or the inside bolt in the anti-sag / side rail support cleat) for the top of the tie
- A bolt at the anti-sag / side rail support position for the bottom of the tie
Selection order example
- Pick a snap pointpoint to which Tekla Structures snaps
where the bolt or holesmall hollow open throughout a part or assembly that is usually used for fastening parts with bolts or other such objects
Hole is created in the same way as bolts and hole properties are defined in the bolt properties.
- Pick a snap point where the bolt or hole is
- Pick a snap point where the bolt or hole is (if required)
- Click middle mouse button