The ‘Drawing Viewview that includes selected model objects or an area in the model, that is represented in a drawing
A drawing view is a container for model and drawing objects.
A drawing can include several drawing views, which usually are two-dimensional views, plane views, to the model.
Examples of drawing views in Tekla Structures include main views, section views, single-part views, and 3D views.
Manager’ application allows user to align the views as per the options provided in the component catalogcatalog that contains all system components and custom components, and the macros and applications
The term component catalog is used in Tekla Structures until version 21.1.
How to Locate
After installing ‘Drawing View Manager’, in the component cataloguser interface for displaying or modifying information in categorized lists
For example, profile catalog and shape catalog are catalogs.
, a new group with the same name can be seen. Here different icons are for different usages
Since it is an application, accessing through component catalog, user has to double click to activate each commands.
Double click the settings icon in the component catalog shown above. It will open the dialog box as shown below. Here user can change,
- Gapany space between two objects
The term ’gap’ is used in its general sense in Tekla Structures.
between the views
- Reverse sort - to reverse the order of views
The options to arrange the selected views are as shown below.
• Horizontal Bottom Left
• Horizontal Middle Left
• Horizontal Top Right
• Vertical Middle Top
• Vertical Top Left
• Vertical Top Right
• View allocation - To fit the views in a picked area defined by two points. The area should be enough to fit atleast one view in the selection. Otherwise the command can not be worked properly.
• View arrangement settings
• Filter - This is useful when user do cross selection, and a single part view also trapped in the selection. Since the tool is able to align only outer containers (single part view has two containers), if user is double clicking this option, the tool skip the inner containers and only go with outer container.
Before running the tool
While applying the tool on views which are created from other views the procedure is
• First select all the views for which the alignment needs to be done
• Then double click the Filter (this is to filter only outer containers of views)
• Then double click on the required alignment tool.
After running the tool (for an example)